Ndamukong Suh - Hmmmm

Mid Iowa

1 hour ago, sammymvpknight said:

Isn’t Rankins suppose to be that penetrating UT? Or are the Saints already arriving to the conclusion that he’s a solid, but not gamechanging, player.

He is but hes such a utility knife hes mived around alot... There looking for another versatile lineman like him as they had in Fairley... Thats when Rankins was singled up leading to disruption and 6 sacks in 10 games.

15 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

Missing out on Graham hurts. I was really looking forward to seeing him back on the Saints. Oh well.

Here are my targets for the remaining free agents: 
QB: Daniel- don't fix what's not broken. Ideally we would draft a QB for competition.
RB: Darkwa- very talented and underrated back for years on the Giants. He can also play some fullback. The Giants OL has been really bad, and Darkwa was consistently the Giants best back. He would fit well for our #3 bruiser that can fill in for Ingram if needed.
FB: Line- did a fantastic job last year, and still very young.
WR: Decker- Very underrated WR who is EXCELLENT in the slot and redzone. I think that this would be a sneaky good WR pick up.
TE: ASJ- He is the most talented, and I thought that he looked pretty good last year on a pretty bad Jets team. If Brees can make an aging Ben Watson a pro-bowler...it's not out of the realm of possibilities for ASJ. He's better than Fleener. Honorable mention goes to Antonio Gates. Already has some rapport with Brees, is a solid blocker, and can still win in the redzone. Any way you slice it...the Saints need to draft a TE in the first 4 rounds this year.
OL: Kelemete- I think that he will get paid more to go elsewhere, but he would be great for continuity purposes. 
DE: Alex Okafor- Has a good price point for the Saints, and showed that he can contribute in a starting role. The Saints should be looking for an upgrade, but he's still a nice stop-gap if healthy
DT: Suh- This is the one big splash that I'd try to make. Suh immediately transforms this team unlike any other free agent. He'd cost a ton...but he'd probably be worth. Honorable mention to Benny Logan. He's not sexy, but he is a very good run defender, and that is probably what the Saints need most up front. 
LB: Brown, Z- probably the best LB available in free agency who would probably start at one of the three LB positions. Of course...the Saints should target this position for upgrade either way.
CB: Robinson- It's always tough bringing players back...but clearly Robinson got the coaching he needed in Philly and would give the Saints a very strong nickel package with Crawley and Lattimore. Honorable mention to DRC...who may be decent in cover-3, which the Saints like to run quite a bit.

We got Robinson! Still lots of ways to to do

I hate suh, but won’t downplay how good he would be for us.

that said, I’ve been known to rub other Saints fans the wrong way with my opinions sometimes. I’ve been a longtime critic of Suh, and I hope I don’t have to keep that train going if he’s a Saint.

he hasn’t really had any questionable hits in the last few years, has he?

I like how they are bringing him in to see if he is a fit for the organization as much as they might be selling the team to him. 

It goes a long way to know that we will walk away from a deal that could be almost complete if needed.

19 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

I hate suh, but won’t downplay how good he would be for us.

that said, I’ve been known to rub other Saints fans the wrong way with my opinions sometimes. I’ve been a longtime critic of Suh, and I hope I don’t have to keep that train going if he’s a Saint.

he hasn’t really had any questionable hits in the last few years, has he?

He had a questionable hit on a backup QB last year I believe.

4 minutes ago, ckoz24 said:

I like how they are bringing him in to see if he is a fit for the organization as much as they might be selling the team to him. 

It goes a long way to know that we will walk away from a deal that could be almost complete if needed.

just wish we didn't have Tom's death hanging over the organization 

50 minutes ago, hsfolk said:

just wish we didn't have Tom's death hanging over the organization 

Motivation. Win one for Tom!

Really hope they find a way to bring Suh into the fold. When that guy is motivated, he's a menace. 

8 hours ago, SWATcha said:

Motivation. Win one for Tom!

Really hope they find a way to bring Suh into the fold. When that guy is motivated, he's a menace. 

Feel our best shot is locking him up during his visit... If he does leave without a contract then I think our chances are slim. Were not gonna be the highest bidder. What we offer is likely a competitive deal with the chance to win and a great scheme fit for his talents. Suh is rumored to covet a great fit more than anything. He wants to be in a upfield attacking 43 front like we run. Also with Jordan and Rankins on the line Suh should see far less double teams than in years past. Its logical why we are his first visit... Hope it works out for both sides.

2 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

Feel our best shot is locking him up during his visit... If he does leave without a contract then I think our chances are slim. Were not gonna be the highest bidder. What we offer is likely a competitive deal with the chance to win and a great scheme fit for his talents. Suh is rumored to covet a great fit more than anything. He wants to be in a upfield attacking 43 front like we run. Also with Jordan and Rankins on the line Suh should see far less double teams than in years past. Its logical why we are his first visit... Hope it works out for both sides.

I agree with this, but I think chances are slim. The rumor I saw was Suh is seeking a paycheck,  where did you see he is more worried about scheme fit?

But the more I think about it, if he is in fact worried about maximizing his money, even visiting NOLA is a waste of time. Surely he/his agent knows this.

Archived