Ndamukong Suh - Hmmmm

Mid Iowa

26 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

I agree with this, but I think chances are slim. The rumor I saw was Suh is seeking a paycheck,  where did you see he is more worried about scheme fit?

But the more I think about it, if he is in fact worried about maximizing his money, even visiting NOLA is a waste of time. Surely he/his agent knows this.

Agree with this post basically word for word. Echoes my thoughts. I haven't seen any rumors about him wanting fit rather than money, but I don't see Suh visiting here with the intentions of being the highest bidder. He's either using us for leverage or he IS indeed looking for a good fit and not just money.

Or Loomis came up with some grand promise of Loodoo and making a ton of cap room with possible restructures lol, but I'd rather not kick that can again. 

2 minutes ago, JMG5 said:

What price would you guys feel comfortable with the Saints paying him?

Depends, which Suh are we getting?  Motivated Suh, all the cap that we can afford to give him.  Unmotivated Suh, not a dime.  In between Suh, about 6-8 mil/yr fully guaranteed

3 hours ago, Raves said:

Depends, which Suh are we getting?  Motivated Suh, all the cap that we can afford to give him.  Unmotivated Suh, not a dime.  In between Suh, about 6-8 mil/yr fully guaranteed

Looking at the DT market... Might be a +1 deal.

1 hour ago, Mid Iowa said:

Crickets............

Perhaps they're negotiating, but nobody has heard a word.

We also haven't heard "Suh leaves New Orleans without a contract" so that's a good sign, perhaps.

When its quiet its always a good thing in contract negotiations.

Another thing to consider... If the Saints do sign Suh, money will have to be moved around. Extentions and conversions will need to take place so it will take some time.

4 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

Crickets............

Perhaps they're negotiating, but nobody has heard a word.

We also haven't heard "Suh leaves New Orleans without a contract" so that's a good sign, perhaps.

Well we already know that yesterday was dinner and today they're showing him the facility, he's also rumored to meet with the Titans today so we'll know something soon. We'll either not let him leave without a contract and obviously you'll hear about that, or we'll hear about him flying to Tennessee and then you know we didn't sign him. 

2 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

Well we already know that yesterday was dinner and today they're showing him the facility, he's also rumored to meet with the Titans today so we'll know something soon. We'll either not let him leave without a contract and obviously you'll hear about that, or we'll hear about him flying to Tennessee and then you know we didn't sign him. 

Titians just released a DT so there's that...

Here's where we find out if he wants money or hardware.

If he wants money, let him go, and he can kiss it.

If he wants hardware, he'll sign with the Saints over the Colts or Titans, and kudos. You know at that point he's in it to win it, and I'll be on board 100%!

27 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

Here's where we find out if he wants money or hardware.

If he wants money, let him go, and he can kiss it.

If he wants hardware, he'll sign with the Saints over the Colts or Titans, and kudos. You know at that point he's in it to win it, and I'll be on board 100%!

It honestly depends what they offer. If they offer 5m more per year than us I don't think anyone can be mad at him. Yeah, he has made a lot of money in his career already, but that's a large amount of money.

Archived