Ndamukong Suh - Hmmmm

Mid Iowa

56 minutes ago, JMG5 said:

Been thinking about this all day... While id like to sign Suh im worried about tying up such a large amount of money in a 31 year old player with a checkered past. In all honestly if i could pick between Suh on a big deal or Florida's Taven Bryan with the 27th pick I think im choosing Bryan on that 5 year deal...

I completely understand the Saints position here, there going all in on Brees next 2 years and thats good but this potential deal concerns me. Yes Suh next to jordan would be awesome but what Suh would we be getting? How movitatied will he be? There is a part of me thats hoping he signs with someone else. This draft has a number of talented DT's so I really dont feel Suh is a MUST. 

If he does end up signing with us it will be great but there is a ton of risk involved here to say the least. 

23 minutes ago, ckoz24 said:

Still learning more about football each year... Is Jordan in a tier above Wake? Would our scheme be a selling feature?

Cam Jordan is one of the best defensive lineman in the NFL. Yes, he is better than Wake. As for scheme fit, we run a 4-3 front and that's what he ran in Detrioit so it should be a perfect fit schematically.

41 minutes ago, whodatworm23 said:

Been thinking about this all day... While id like to sign Suh im worried about tying up such a large amount of money in a 31 year old player with a checkered past. In all honestly if i could pick between Suh on a big deal or Florida's Taven Bryan with the 27th pick I think im choosing Bryan on that 5 year deal...

I completely understand the Saints position here, there going all in on Brees next 2 years and thats good but this potential deal concerns me. Yes Suh next to jordan would be awesome but what Suh would we be getting? How movitatied will he be? There is a part of me thats hoping he signs with someone else. This draft has a number of talented DT's so I really dont feel Suh is a MUST. 

If he does end up signing with us it will be great but there is a ton of risk involved here to say the least. 

If we do sign Suh I would still be all for us drafting a defensive lineman. At worst he is a rotational guy and sits behind Suh/Rankins, but eventually he could step in and become a starter. 

1 hour ago, whodatworm23 said:

I 100% would rather us not sign him from a cap space and "we don't need him" standpoint, but still Suh is one of those players that if your team signs then you're excited no matter what, just cause he's so good. 

6 minutes ago, SWATcha said:

If he left with no contract, he's not signing with the Saints.

Agreed. Go after Hankins...great DT...nice motor...eats space...wouldn't break the bank...Oh, and he's 25. And, we'd have synonomous DL guys. 

44 minutes ago, JMG5 said:

If we do sign Suh I would still be all for us drafting a defensive lineman. At worst he is a rotational guy and sits behind Suh/Rankins, but eventually he could step in and become a starter. 

Thats the catch... Im really high on Onyamata, I think he has starter potential.

1 minute ago, jcvoodoo said:

Agreed. Go after Hankins...great DT...nice motor...eats space...wouldn't break the bank...Oh, and he's 25.

Dont think Hankins fits what the Saints are looking for... They like Wilkerson and Suh because it upgrades their overall pass rush which was our front offices top priority this offseason. Hankins does not do that. 

18 minutes ago, SWATcha said:

That's my feeling as well, but all we can do now is wait. You never know what might happen. 

2 hours ago, SWATcha said:

Agreed. 

Honestly felt like it was a pipe dream from the get go, and the silver lining is I won’t have to root for Suh :)

22 hours ago, SWATcha said:

I'm going to argue this. I think he's doing it the smart way. He's looking to sign one of his last contracts of his career, and he likely wants to do it with the right team, so he's interviewing the top ones on his radar.

My guess is he'll sign with whomever will give him at least a 3 year, but better yet, a 5 year deal with a really good guarantee. 

This isn't over.

Archived