The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

Just to throw it out there, I get this message whenever I visit this thread:

Deceptive site ahead

Attackers on www.printyourbrackets.com may trick you into doing something dangerous like installing software or revealing your personal information (for example, passwords, phone numbers, or credit cards).

15 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

Just to throw it out there, I get this message whenever I visit this thread:

Deceptive site ahead

Attackers on www.printyourbrackets.com may trick you into doing something dangerous like installing software or revealing your personal information (for example, passwords, phone numbers, or credit cards).

I get the samething....

On 7/29/2017 at 0:00 PM, brownie man said:

I'm watching the spring game and man Hankins can throw that ball. I love his release. 

I know it's early but I think he's the best pro prospect I've ever seen at OSU and I'm 24. His delivery is pro quality with great size. 

QB wise or overall player wise? I dont know. Bosa was a pretty damn great pro prospect. Same thing with Zeke, one of the best RB prospects to come out in at least the past 5 years. 

13 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I'm curious to see who ends up the backup this year between Burrow and Haskins.  Meyer may end up having them split the backup duties so one of them doesn't transfer out. 

Split time for the back up duties? 

The loser of the back up duty wont transfer out this year, so it doesnt really matter. If one of them loses, doesnt mean the other is going to stop playing for the team. They might transfer at the end of the year but they still have a chance to win the job in the spring.

Being the #1 back up doesnt mean you will be the next starter in line once a player graduates or enters. I think the #2 will be the QB Meyer feels the most comfortable with if Barrett goes down to an injury short term. If there is a long term injury, I think it gets open to who has the best future.

If someone transfer, it means tOSU is solid at the position and the player wants to play. The best part is it opens up a scholly for Meyer to use.

On 7/29/2017 at 0:00 PM, brownie man said:

I'm watching the spring game and man Hankins can throw that ball. I love his release. 

I know it's early but I think he's the best pro prospect I've ever seen at OSU and I'm 24. His delivery is pro quality with great size. 

Too bad he has no chance of seeing the field unless something happens to our guy w/ the most years at school in the same position. Even then, has he beat out Burrows (who is also a good looking thrower)? I get seniority but the first time JT shows us he still can't throw a football, it's going to aggravate me like no other. At least he can run but I think all of our guys can do that also.

11 hours ago, buno67 said:

QB wise or overall player wise? I dont know. Bosa was a pretty damn great pro prospect. Same thing with Zeke, one of the best RB prospects to come out in at least the past 5 years. 

Oh yeah my bad I should've been more clear QB prospect. Bosa has probably been the best prospect overall. 

Since ive been watching them I would probably say

Bosa

Hooker

Lattimore

Zeke

Malcolm Jenkins

11 hours ago, buno67 said:

Split time for the back up duties? 

The loser of the back up duty wont transfer out this year, so it doesnt really matter. If one of them loses, doesnt mean the other is going to stop playing for the team. They might transfer at the end of the year but they still have a chance to win the job in the spring.

Being the #1 back up doesnt mean you will be the next starter in line once a player graduates or enters. I think the #2 will be the QB Meyer feels the most comfortable with if Barrett goes down to an injury short term. If there is a long term injury, I think it gets open to who has the best future.

If someone transfer, it means tOSU is solid at the position and the player wants to play. The best part is it opens up a scholly for Meyer to use.

Remember when Braxton went down, Cardale was the back-up at the time, but JT ended up becoming the starting QB.  I think you're right in that the back-up is the guy who is most likely to be able to come in and win a game, or a couple games if need be, if the #1 guy goes down, but who he will pick to be the #1 guy will not only be who he thinks he can succeed not only now but in the future.

On 7/17/2017 at 5:17 PM, Raves said:

Going to be a tough schedule this year and I'm honestly not too sure how I feel about this team.  I almost think there will be 2-3 losses and we'll be looking to next year as making a real run.

Our D-line will stop a lot of offenses and our offense will put points on the board. I see 11-1. If we get past OK, only big games left from there are PEE U, TTUN, and @Neb.  I think we could easily go 12-0. Depends on the offense and the secondary really. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

3 hours ago, Mastercheddaar said:

Our D-line will stop a lot of offenses and our offense will put points on the board. I see 11-1. If we get past OK, only big games left from there are PEE U, TTUN, and @Neb.  I think we could easily go 12-0. Depends on the offense and the secondary really. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

Having a great front 7 can off set a lot of issues for the secondary, great thing we might be witnessing the best/most athletic front 7 in tOSU history and it could be topped next year and the year after that. I think if tOSU was breaking in the secondary with a bunch of green players I would be considered but they are inserting players who have playing time under their belts but were just never starters. Just had to wait their turn. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

I honestly feel our entire record rests on how well JT does. We are fine in almost all areas of the field. I get our secondary is new but there's reasons to be encouraged by them. WR is my biggest concern TBH

I strongly believe Wilson's up tempo offense should benefit JTB extremely well. Allows him to utilize his experience of being a 4 year starter, allow defenses to get caught out of position, and truly allow him to use his arm and legs

47 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I strongly believe Wilson's up tempo offense should benefit JTB extremely well. Allows him to utilize his experience of being a 4 year starter, allow defenses to get caught out of position, and truly allow him to use his arm and legs

Using his arm is what I'm worried about....... Fingers crossed hoping for the best