The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

I'm becoming more and more convinced it will be Ohio State and Clemson in the final and the committee will do whatever it has to do to get them to not match up in a semi-final game.  Whether that's OSU jumping LSU with it's tough close to the season or dropping Clemson to 4 because of their cupcake schedule.

Why? LSU OSU would make the best title game tho IMO. I just would get sick of the Burrow OSU stores tho 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Why? LSU OSU would make the best title game tho IMO. I just would get sick of the Burrow OSU stores tho 

I think Clemson stumbled early, but they've been more impressive to me over the last few weeks (albeit against vastly inferior competition, which is why I would get any dubiousness at that claim).  Call it the eye test I guess.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I'm becoming more and more convinced it will be Ohio State and Clemson in the final and the committee will do whatever it has to do to get them to not match up in a semi-final game.  Whether that's OSU jumping LSU with it's tough close to the season or dropping Clemson to 4 because of their cupcake schedule.

I'm pretty sure it will setup this way too. Clemson will stay #3 and (hopefully) the buckeyes win out beating  Penn,  scUM, and either Minnesota or Wis. That is 3 top 25 opponents in a row. All we need to do is beat 1 or 2 of them by 3 scores and we'll be #1. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

OSU likely jumps LSU after beating PSU, or after ttun at the latest (assuming good wins).

And yes Clemson is a better matchup. They and OSU are the two most complete teams. I actually think Clemson/LSU as the 2/3 matchup would be at least a two score win by Clemson. 

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Really simple formula to win:

Run the ball.

Get after Penn State with a 4 man rush. Shorten the field for Penn State and let our athletes dominate in space.

PSU had trouble at times when Minnesota rushed 3-4. They were also struggling against Indiana the same. We should never blitz and shouldn't need to. They also struggled stopping the pass. We should beat them badly

4 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Rain or snow is on the forecast for Saturday. Bad coincidence that our two biggest games to date are such poor weather, but that’s midwest football. Getting up early will be important if the weather really turns out bad. 

And of course, like last time, the peak time for the precipitation is around 1. Awesome.