The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

A little surprised Tate didn't at least challenge him in spring ball.  I'm guessing he ends up at Oregon since Hebert is gone after this year he'll have to sit out the 2019 season regardless.

I hope he goes to Oklahoma. 

I thought Tate would too. Especially he can’t transfer anywhere for the sprint semester. 

Now he misses out on an entite off season to get better. Just weird timing.

feels like Day picked a QB already and it was fields. 

Day has shown he is a ruthless coach so far!!! In a good kind of way

10 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

This early? All Day did was welcome Fields on, Martell made the decision for him. Heck, at least Burrow stayed and tried to make it hard on the coaches, Martell didn't even do that

Fields just left UGA because he didn’t want to sit. He prolly wanted to go to a program where he was reassured he was going to be the starter because if he had to sit next, he prolly just stays at UGA because Fromm will prolly declare next year. 

Idk why Tate talked all that smack to just transfer so quickly. I just feel like Day already picked his starter

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/11/2019 at 7:54 PM, THE DUKE said:

Okudah and Wade should be out starting CB's, and Tyreke Johnson should have every opportunity to win the 3rd CB spot out wide when Wade plays as the slot CB

That would be nice, the length and speed of those guys would be a real problem. Heck, I hope we do this at DE, Cooper is good but I think Tyreke Smith has a higher upside

20 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

That would be nice, the length and speed of those guys would be a real problem. Heck, I hope we do this at DE, Cooper is good but I think Tyreke Smith has a higher upside

I had the pleasure of watching Tyreke Smith at Cleveland Heights when I called some of his games. That man just bullied kids. Heights had a terrible record in his senior year but Smith was a man amongst boys, even against much tougher opponents. Not only that, he was one of the go-to targets on offense at TE, and played special teams. Hardly took a snap off and was still s dominating force for all four quarters? That's damn impressive. I have very high expectations for him in his second season here. I think we saw plenty of flashes last year.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

I had the pleasure of watching Tyreke Smith at Cleveland Heights when I called some of his games. That man just bullied kids. Heights had a terrible record in his senior year but Smith was a man amongst boys, even against much tougher opponents. Not only that, he was one of the go-to targets on offense at TE, and played special teams. Hardly took a snap off and was still s dominating force for all four quarters? That's damn impressive. I have very high expectations for him in his second season here. I think we saw plenty of flashes last year.

In an article at The Athletic they projected Smith as a starting DE opposite Chase Young with Cooper as a rotational guy still.

• Like 1