The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

17 hours ago, NateDawg said:

PSU is supposedly out in front for Bresee, with us and UGA in the mix. Would be a huge get but far from a sure thing.

Yeah I saw all the CBs for him and honestly, it would be a huge get but I'm not getting my hopes up. Watching that kids highlights though, it's pretty crazy to see such a nice mixture of speed, quickness, and power from a guy already pushing 300 in high school.

On 2/5/2019 at 10:16 AM, buno67 said:

Yeah the kid is unreal. Dude is a freak athlete and the athletic ability runs through that family. Every son in that family received major D1 scholarships. One went D1 in Baseball, one in Basketball, and now one in Football. Also helps that he went against a stud OT every day in practice. I think he could make an impact. Would like to see a DE or two built into a 3T. Hell with Breese size, he could be a beastly 3T

Of course, it didn't hurt that Mentor's colors are scarlet and grey...........

And Noah wore #97.

Went looking at the team rankings and I was shocked to see tOSU was ranked #15 with PSU (13)and scUM (8) being rated ahead of us. I then saw it was because tOSU only has 16 kids in the class. The avg rating was a 92. Which makes them 3rd best behind Bama and Georgia 

I feel like after Fields’ interview yesterday that the NCAA won’t grant him his waiver. They were talking about it on the radio this morning and how Justin said he choose tOSU as a business decision because of Day’s NFL experience and what he did with Haskins. I could see the NCAA be like you shouldn’t have said that because all us bigwigs with the NCAA can properly treat football as a business, so now we’re glnna force you to sit out a year

21 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

W/ Vimahi signing, that gives us for 2019 a:

5* Center in Harry Miller
4* Tackle in Ryan Jacoby
4* Guard in Enok Vimahi

Good prospects to sit and get some reps before being thrown into starting roles!

I like seeing the beefing up of the O-line. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

• Like 1

23 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

W/ Vimahi signing, that gives us for 2019 a:

5* Center in Harry Miller
4* Tackle in Ryan Jacoby
4* Guard in Enok Vimahi

Good prospects to sit and get some reps before being thrown into starting roles!

There are 4 spots open next year with the most import one locked in already. I think all 4 should be thrown into the ring and allow competition for all 4 spots. Let’s see if a freshmen is good enough to win one

5 hours ago, buno67 said:

I feel like after Fields’ interview yesterday that the NCAA won’t grant him his waiver. They were talking about it on the radio this morning and how Justin said he choose tOSU as a business decision because of Day’s NFL experience and what he did with Haskins. I could see the NCAA be like you shouldn’t have said that because all us bigwigs with the NCAA can properly treat football as a business, so now we’re glnna force you to sit out a year

Really in no way should Justin Fields be allow to play this next season.  The kid went to Georgia and left because of playing time after one year just like Jacob Eason.  There is no other reason like a coaching change or a death in the family so he could move close to home or something like that, obviously is not from the Ohio area.   So he should have to sit out just like Jacob Eason did on Georgia the year before when he left.  

If that is the case, what in the world are they going to do at the QB position, wow.  Odd he did not just stick it out at Georgia but clearly was disappointed he could not beat out Fromm.  How Fields looked in that bowl game though, it was written all over his face he is gone, and Georgia probably knew it as well because they did not even put him in the game even with Fromm struggling at times in the bowl game.

29 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Really in no way should Justin Fields be allow to play this next season.  The kid went to Georgia and left because of playing time after one year just like Jacob Eason.  There is no other reason like a coaching change or a death in the family so he could move close to home or something like that, obviously is not from the Ohio area.   So he should have to sit out just like Jacob Eason did on Georgia the year before when he left.  

If that is the case, what in the world are they going to do at the QB position, wow.  Odd he did not just stick it out at Georgia but clearly was disappointed he could not beat out Fromm.  How Fields looked in that bowl game though, it was written all over his face he is gone, and Georgia probably knew it as well because they did not even put him in the game even with Fromm struggling at times in the bowl game.

I feel like the racist remarks issues gives him a leg to stand on especially since the kid that made the comments has been removed. 

I feel like if he didn’t believe he would get it waived, he would have done things different and I bet tOSU would have done things differently too. I believe Tate only left because the staff Strongly knows Fields will be cleared to play and will be the starter