The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

20 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I feel like the racist remarks issues gives him a leg to stand on especially since the kid that made the comments has been removed. 

I feel like if he didn’t believe he would get it waived, he would have done things different and I bet tOSU would have done things differently too. I believe Tate only left because the staff Strongly knows Fields will be cleared to play and will be the starter 

If every player could just leave and not sit out a year if someone said something racial towards them in a game, well that would mean almost any starting QB could transfer at any point in time at any time not to mention any basketball player.  Because sadly I bet it happens a lot especially with QBs.  

To connect a Georgia baseball players comments as if it was institutional racism at the school, that is a bit much.  Would be one thing if it was a coach or something but come on.  To me no way he should be able to play right away, and if they let him because of that I am sure more stuff like this will come up just in regards to eligibility and a player wanting to play right away.  And let me guess the stupid idiot baseball player was drunk as well, yeah people say a lot of awful stuff at ball games drunk or not.  

I cannot recall a big time player in recent memory being allowed to leave and play instantly because of a racist comment made toward him in a ball game by a person in the stands.  Again I have heard it about coaching changes or a tragedy in the family and a need to move closer to home, that is it.  Maybe I am wrong on that though...

The NCAA won't touch this racism bit with a 10 foot pole. Shea Patterson citing reasons "outside of his control" about being "mislead by Hugh Freeze about the scope of potential violations" and Fields documented racist incident (the player was dismissed from the team), especially when he also plays the "I was going to play baseball here but now feel very uncomfortable doing so" card. Fair or not, that's how it'll work I'd wager.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

There are 4 spots open next year with the most import one locked in already. I think all 4 should be thrown into the ring and allow competition for all 4 spots. Let’s see if a freshmen is good enough to win one

Absolutely they should all be considered due to the inexperience that will on the line. What's it looking like right now??

Munford - Davis - Myers - ?? - Petet-Freer or whatever his name is??

I can't remember any of those guys really standing out except Munford and Davis at times but even then I could be wrong. I was too busy watching Prince look like a screen door all year.

3 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

Absolutely they should all be considered due to the inexperience that will on the line. What's it looking like right now??

Munford - Davis - Myers - ?? - Petet-Freer or whatever his name is??

I can't remember any of those guys really standing out except Munford and Davis at times but even then I could be wrong. I was too busy watching Prince look like a screen door all year.

Miller should be given a chance at center. Dude is so good. It be nice to have the center position locked down for 3 years if he wins it. Instead of the revolving door at the position 

5 hours ago, MWil23 said:

The NCAA won't touch this racism bit with a 10 foot pole. Shea Patterson citing reasons "outside of his control" about being "mislead by Hugh Freeze about the scope of potential violations" and Fields documented racist incident (the player was dismissed from the team), especially when he also plays the "I was going to play baseball here but now feel very uncomfortable doing so" card. Fair or not, that's how it'll work I'd wager.

I thought Shea Patterson was allowed to play right away from Michigan because Hugh Freeze and that entire NCAA violations thing for Ole Miss.  Patterson played that second year but Matt Luke was only the interim head coach at the time in 2017 when Freeze was fired in the summer and you have the entire coaching change thing.  I thought that is how that all went down and why he was allowed to play, and the NCAA was allowing Patterson to get out of that mess if he wanted just like Penn State players could as well back during that awful scandal they had.

Not sure I would call the Justin Fields situation on that same level what so ever.  It is I am not playing as much as I like I am going to leave.

Said this before but it was obvious football reasons and nothing else behind the Fields transfer. 

Situationally though, he’s going to get the waiver anyway. It’s like 100% at this point and not a matter of it but when. 

Not saying it’s not B.S. a little if I was an outsider and based on the motives, but that’s the reality. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

😎

Now will he be closer to Dwayne Haskins or Terrell Pryor as a Ohio State QB, give me the latter on that one.  

No clue how this went through but makes college football more interesting for sure, still is pathetic he could never win the job over Fromm at Georgia though so clearly there was something he was not picking up on.  And will he become a better passer than athlete back there, I doubt it he will always be a running QB and a big time weapon in that regard especially at the college level.  Should be one of the best if not the best duel threat QBs in college football over the next two years.

38 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Now will he be closer to Dwayne Haskins or Terrell Pryor as a Ohio State QB, give me the latter on that one.  

No clue how this went through but makes college football more interesting for sure, still is pathetic he could never win the job over Fromm at Georgia though so clearly there was something he was not picking up on.  And will he become a better passer than athlete back there, I doubt it he will always be a running QB and a big time weapon in that regard especially at the college level.  Should be one of the best if not the best duel threat QBs in college football over the next two years.

tOSU has a lot better offensive coaches when it comes to handling QBs compared to UGA. So if you have to decide which staff you would want to develop a QB, you would take tOSU's over UGA

No I am really intrigued on how the offense will look next year. How is Day and Yurcich going to incorporate Fields dual threat ability into their air raid style passing attack. Hopefully we see a mixture of the Oklahoma State air raid with Oregon Chip Kelly.

Hell, try and run a chip kelly type offense. Kelly could have killed it if he had a QB and RB combo like Fields and Dobbins

6 minutes ago, buno67 said:

tOSU has a lot better offensive coaches when it comes to handling QBs compared to UGA. So if you have to decide which staff you would want to develop a QB, you would take tOSU's over UGA

That is simply not true.  As far as Ryan Day goes, outside of coaching QBs two individual seasons in the NFL back to back years for two different teams, he has done little to nothing outside of this past year with Haskins.  And Urban Meyer his QB resume is not that amazing but really does not matter now that he is no longer the Head Coach, but still outside of Alex Smith all of them are not good players unless Haskins hits in the NFL.

Alex Smith
Josh Harris
Chris Leak
Tim Tebow
John Brantley
Braxton Miller
Kenny Guiton
Cardale Jones
JT Barrett
Dwayne Haskins

And one already knows I am sure that Ohio State has literally never had a successful elite level QB play in the NFL, ever.  So to say Ohio State is this QB development sweet spot, that is just not the case at all.  This past year Haskins had a great season no doubt, but let us see if he can even become a decent pro player in the NFL, something a Ohio State QB has never really ever done before.  

Fact is Fromm out played Fields last year and I would not call Fromm this great QB prospect at all.  To say it was a coaching QB staff issue at Georgia, maybe but who knows, they did have the same problem with Eason the year before and he obviously left as well.  Will see if Fields can play well on Ohio State and develop but again I think he will be closer to the likes of Terrelle Pryor than Dwayne Haskins but will see.  

57 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

That is simply not true.  As far as Ryan Day goes, outside of coaching QBs two individual seasons in the NFL back to back years for two different teams, he has done little to nothing outside of this past year with Haskins.  And Urban Meyer his QB resume is not that amazing but really does not matter now that he is no longer the Head Coach, but still outside of Alex Smith all of them are not good players unless Haskins hits in the NFL.

Alex Smith
Josh Harris
Chris Leak
Tim Tebow
John Brantley
Braxton Miller
Kenny Guiton
Cardale Jones
JT Barrett
Dwayne Haskins

And one already knows I am sure that Ohio State has literally never had a successful elite level QB play in the NFL, ever.  So to say Ohio State is this QB development sweet spot, that is just not the case at all.  This past year Haskins had a great season no doubt, but let us see if he can even become a decent pro player in the NFL, something a Ohio State QB has never really ever done before.  

Fact is Fromm out played Fields last year and I would not call Fromm this great QB prospect at all.  To say it was a coaching QB staff issue at Georgia, maybe but who knows, they did have the same problem with Eason the year before and he obviously left as well.  Will see if Fields can play well on Ohio State and develop but again I think he will be closer to the likes of Terrelle Pryor than Dwayne Haskins but will see.  

Again, i was comparing tOSU to UGA. On paper,the better coaches at coaching QBs is tOSU. Also you need to include Kevin Wilson and the QBs he has developed. Wilson has developed two Heisman winning QBs in White and Bradford. UGA offensive coaching staff is nothing special at all. tOSU has the better group of offensive coaches

Also that list of QBs you put together is a list of QBs who were studs in college. A majority of them. 

Also to say Fromm out played Fields, a lot of reports were that Fields was never given a chance. Kirby was going to ride the guy that almost lead him to a title.

I could care less about what tOSU players due in the NFL unless they go to the Browns.