The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

7 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

So I'm assuming Hoak won't be eligible this year?

He's a grad transfer and immediately eligible.  Two years of eligibility right away.  I'm guessing he beats Chug out for #2.  Looked like they brought him in and a 3-star walk-on freshman QB.  They needed to shore up the depth in case something happened to Fields, and they did that nicely. 

• Like 1

2021 Philadelphia QB prospect Kyle McCord committed to OSU. HS teammate of Marvin Harrison Jr., who is a strong OSU lean. They have definitely made a shift back to the drop back QB under Day (with somewhat an exception bringing in Fields).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NateDawg said:

2021 Philadelphia QB prospect Kyle McCord committed to OSU. HS teammate of Marvin Harrison Jr., who is a strong OSU lean. They have definitely made a shift back to the drop back QB under Day (with somewhat an exception bringing in Fields).

I was just about to ask what people knew about McCord. His numbers look solid, I haven't seen him throw. I know they have Jack Miller coming in next year as well.

Then I read your tidbit about Marvin Harrison Jr. and it made more sense. They did this with Matt Baldwin and Garrett Wilson at Lake Travis.

4 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

I was just about to ask what people knew about McCord. His numbers look solid, I haven't seen him throw. I know they have Jack Miller coming in next year as well.

Then I read your tidbit about Marvin Harrison Jr. and it made more sense. They did this with Matt Baldwin and Garrett Wilson at Lake Travis.

I don’t know much about him. I do know that JJ McCarthy tried to commit but they didn’t accept his commitment because McCord was the guy they wanted. I trust Ryan Day, he must like him. In this transfer portal world it will be interesting to see Jack Miller/McCord in back to back classes. 

• Like 1

On 4/30/2019 at 1:15 PM, MistaBohmbastic said:

They didn’t need Baldwin for Wilson. Wilson already had strong ties to tOSU. He grew up in Ohio before moving out to texas

• 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Damn, nice snag! Thanks for the heads up!

Garrett Wilson last year and Fleming/Scott this year is quite the WR haul to go with some others. If they can real in Kendall Milton at running back, the offensive class is going to be loaded. I imagine the defensive guys will start following suit if the product on that side improves as it should.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Garrett Wilson last year and Fleming/Scott this year is quite the WR haul to go with some others. If they can real in Kendall Milton at running back, the offensive class is going to be loaded. I imagine the defensive guys will start following suit if the product on that side improves as it should.

Does it look like he's a real threat to come here? I just looked and it seems there's a chance but the leans are elsewhere. Hell if I know though lol. The offense for the upcoming years is shaping up quite nicely!! Like you touched on, looking at the defense now to follow suit. Can't think of why they wouldn't