The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

On 5/5/2020 at 6:30 PM, buno67 said:

I didn’t know about 90% of those companies had their headquarters in Columbus. Damn

Yeah man its kinda insane how many are there. Ive driven past Scotts Lawn and Bob Evans multiple times and they are insane. Scotts Lawn is like a giant campus like Google and they are always having staff parties outside with tents and food trucks. Bob Evans is funny because it is truly like a huge farm which a massive glass building on it with a silo. 

I know its because of three things 1) Columbus is a major city that is much cheaper for land/taxes to operate a business as opposed to other states. 2) Columbus is a centralized gateway that sort of connects the Midwest and East Coast so it can sort of play both sides of the fence. 3) Ohios population in general is known for being a test group for a lot of new products. I remember reading 'if it works in Ohio it will succeed in a lot of other states'.

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

3) Ohios population in general is known for being a test group for a lot of new products. I remember reading 'if it works in Ohio it will succeed in a lot of other states'.

I learned this while in college. I took a marketing class and the professor asked if anyone had ever seen a handful of products and I was one of the few who raised my hand for almost all of them. He said "you must be from around central Ohio, aren't you" bc he said Dayton and Columbus are some of the largest test markets in the country. I had just assumed everyone knew about these things and then we discussed why the products failed. It was a cool class

• Like 1

On 5/6/2020 at 11:15 AM, buno67 said:

so this is the locker room before Michigan takes on tOSU...Woof...

That's downright depressing. If you replaced the uniforms/era, it would be a pre-war hype of Russian troops about to face off against the Mongols.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

I learned this while in college. I took a marketing class and the professor asked if anyone had ever seen a handful of products and I was one of the few who raised my hand for almost all of them. He said "you must be from around central Ohio, aren't you" bc he said Dayton and Columbus are some of the largest test markets in the country. I had just assumed everyone knew about these things and then we discussed why the products failed. It was a cool class

Thats awesome yeah I know the Taco Bell in Bowling Green was the first in the country to launch their breakfast menu  almost as a secret test pilot store.

On 5/24/2020 at 9:27 PM, candyman93 said:

Denzel Burke committed.

Class is getting kinda full. Need to save spots for some 5 star kids interested (Egbuka, Tuimoloau, and Latham).

They will prolly save spots for guys but if they are going to land guys they really like that they didn’t think they would get. I Believe they wouldn’t have any issues of taking less guys next year to compensate 

• Like 1