The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

It was an amazing season by the Buckeyes.  Unfortunately, too many "what ifs" happened during yesterday's game that doomed us.

What if...

- JK Dobbins holds onto the ball in the endzone.

- Shaun Wade is not called for targeting and Clemson has to punt.

- The Buckeyes don't go for a punt block that gave Clemson a new set of downs.

- JK Dobbins doesn't drop the screen pass with a convoy of blockers in front of him.

- The fumble recovery for a TD stands as called.

So many "what ifs". 

Regardless of all the questions, I still love the Buckeyes and think Ryan Day did an "AMAZING" job.  Despite Justin Fields having a great season. I hope he continues his development and learns to not take unnecessary sacks and throws the ball away. The receiving core will be amazing next year and hopefully Teague can give the Buckeyes enough of a run game to keep defenses honest.  On defense, it will be difficult to replace the secondary and Chase Youngs sack total but the Buckeyes have recruited well and hopefully the high recruits will step up.

Looking forward to next season.

Peace!!!

• Like 1

Meant to ask this but was it clear JK didn't catch that pass he dove for? They only showed a still of him on the jumbotron in the stadium of him on his back so I never saw a replay of it.

Him missing that screen pass and KJ letting one go off his fingers were the factors. We were clearly the better team yesterday but shot ourselves too many times. Clemson limited their mistakes and had some zebra help but there not much we can do about that

The basketball team looks like it has a sweet 16 ceiling. Teams that turn it over as much as they do, don’t go very far.

It’s weird why are mental mistakes always a common theme with OSU sports? I feel like intelligence is one of the LAST things we look for (I’m not talking academics).

Edited by candyman93

Just now, JTagg7754 said:

Holy 💩 just saw my first replay of the fumble they called back bc it was "incomplete". How is that indisputable evidence to overturn? Worse than I thought

He took 3 steps however it didn't look like he made a real football move and didn't possess the ball very long in real speed. Still iffy on the overturn though. Call stands would have been more approriate.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Holy 💩 just saw my first replay of the fumble they called back bc it was "incomplete". How is that indisputable evidence to overturn? Worse than I thought

Bro, SEC officiating crew was all I needed to hear, we were screwed from the start, nothing we could do about it.

Edited by MSURacerDT55
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

He took 3 steps however it didn't look like he made a real football move and didn't possess the ball very long in real speed. Still iffy on the overturn though. Call stands would have been more approriate.

The bold is where I'm at. "Indisputable" is the key word here. Another poor call. 

4 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Bro, SEC officiating crew was all I needed to hear, we were screwed from the start, nothing we could do about it.

We can't compete with officials. Bad calls are a part of the game. Happens to every team all the time. It was certainly one-sided yesterday though. I'd be more upset if we just got outplayed. We didn't. Can't compete against two "teams". Oh well, looking forward to next season!

• Like 1

JK said he's undecided about his future. I don't believe him as much as I don't believe Chase but man, can they just play school one more year? That degree criminal justice and consumer and family financial services are reeeaaaallly important. Way more important than the millions of dollars you'd make in the NFL...... way more

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

JK said he's undecided about his future. I don't believe him as much as I don't believe Chase but man, can they just play school one more year? That degree criminal justice and consumer and family financial services are reeeaaaallly important. Way more important than the millions of dollars you'd make in the NFL...... way more

they can still finish their degree later for free

2 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

they can still finish their degree later for free

Yeah JK is a RB, no chance he’s back. Or Chase, who goes #2 overall likely. Too risky and no title guarantees if they do all return even if they’re a front runner. 

https://lettermenrow.com/ohio-state-football/ohio-state-buckeyes-football-shaun-wade-nfl-early-entry-ryan-day/

Okudah saying he, Chase, JK all don’t want to go out without a title. Still, those three and Wade will go. Wade is a first or second round guy (missed him big time when he left), JK goes probably in the 2nd, and Chase and Okudah are top 10 guys. 

Lost in all of this, with the loss and controversy, is how clear it is that OSU is DBU. Our cornerbacks lock down everyone and are a first round/pro bowl factory. The numbers back it up, and we have 3 more day 1/2 CBs in the upcoming draft assuming Wade/Jeff declare.

Offense will miss JK, but with another year of advancement from Fields and those guys returning on the OL, next years offense will be better. Receivers should be phenomenal. It’s too bad Olave cut that route off the final play thinking Fields was scrabbling, because that was likely a TD and the ballgame. So many what ifs.

3 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Yeah JK is a RB, no chance he’s back. Or Chase, who goes #2 overall likely. Too risky and no title guarantees if they do all return even if they’re a front runner. 

https://lettermenrow.com/ohio-state-football/ohio-state-buckeyes-football-shaun-wade-nfl-early-entry-ryan-day/

Okudah saying he, Chase, JK all don’t want to go out without a title. Still, those three and Wade will go. Wade is a first or second round guy (missed him big time when he left), JK goes probably in the 2nd, and Chase and Okudah are top 10 guys. 

Lost in all of this, with the loss and controversy, is how clear it is that OSU is DBU. Our cornerbacks lock down everyone and are a first round/pro bowl factory. The numbers back it up, and we have 3 more day 1/2 CBs in the upcoming draft assuming Wade/Jeff declare.

Offense will miss JK, but with another year of advancement from Fields and those guys returning on the OL, next years offense will be better. Receivers should be phenomenal. It’s too bad Olave cut that route off the final play thinking Fields was scrabbling, because that was likely a TD and the ballgame. So many what ifs.

Hell chase and Okudah are top5 guys.