The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

2 hours ago, NateDawg said:

QB Coach Mike Yurcich leaving to be Texas OC. Makes sense for him sense Day overlapped all his duties basically. Interested who we hire in his place. Still think Coombs replaces Hafley.

Still surprised  a Northeast Ohio guy left for Texas. He must have gotten a huge pay raise. 

Somehow, someway, we need to have a home game against Clemson on November 21, 2026 - at night.

We haven't beaten them ever because we have never had a weather advantage. This way, we will have one. The road game in the series doesn't necessarily have to be in November, but the home game needs to be.

10 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Tbh he could be an interim coach there next year. Also, he basically had no responsibilities he was in charge of with Day. This is a better opportunity though Texas could be a sinking ship.

I rather attach my wagon to Day than Herman at this point

Just now, buno67 said:

Oh really? Did they say why?

any rumors on who might replace him?

No clue on replacements.

Biddle said it wasn’t a good personality/culture fit for either side.

Birm didn’t say but did say that Yurcich stopped getting in touch with CJ Stroud and he almost went elsewhere towards the end.

52 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

In news we expected, JK gone. Teague needs to step up. I'm not too sold on him but he's got huge shoes to fill

He’s a downhill thumper but we haven’t seen the shake and versatility yet. I can see Crowley taking on a role next year. I’d say the offense is going to be even better next season as a whole. 

34 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

He’s a downhill thumper but we haven’t seen the shake and versatility yet. I can see Crowley taking on a role next year. I’d say the offense is going to be even better next season as a whole. 

I agree it'll be better and I've told that to many sad faces over the last couple days lol. I'm wondering if Steele Chambers will get some reps also. Teague put up some good numbers this year, yes, but it was in garbage time with morale down for the opposite team. That's always been in the back of my mind. When Dobbins went down Saturday, he was extremely ineffective. That speaks volumes to me. He ran east and west a lot and as you said, he's a thumper. Can't run the directions if you're that type of back. 

With the linemen returning and our stable of 4 and 5* WRs, and importantly another year of development for Fields, we will be putting up some points next year!! Hope that D can step it up. Worried there

Edited by JTagg7754

2 hours ago, NateDawg said:

I was listening to the Zach Smith podcast and he was speaking very highly on him and called it a day or two before it was official. He said it would be the perfect hire because Day can mold him into the kind of coach he wants to coach his QBs. Smith also said great things about his potential to recruit. That the guy connects really well with recruits when he has seen him interacting with them during campus visits  

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I was listening to the Zach Smith podcast and he was speaking very highly on him and called it a day or two before it was official. He said it would be the perfect hire because Day can mold him into the kind of coach he wants to coach his QBs. Smith also said great things about his potential to recruit. That the guy connects really well with recruits when he has seen him interacting with them during campus visits  

I don’t listen to that podcast but I’m cool with the hiring. He seems like a good personality that should recruit well, and I’m not overly concerned with our quarterbacks being trained right by the quarterbacks coach because Ryan Day pretty much takes the lead on that anyways. He should be a guy that will want to be around for a while, and being able to recruit is the biggest thing there.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I don’t listen to that podcast but I’m cool with the hiring. He seems like a good personality that should recruit well, and I’m not overly concerned with our quarterbacks being trained right by the quarterbacks coach because Ryan Day pretty much takes the lead on that anyways. He should be a guy that will want to be around for a while, and being able to recruit is the biggest thing there.

In the beginning of the podcast, he was airing dirty laundry, which was entertaining but after awhile he started to really breakdown Games and analysis film and whatnot. Not a buckeye homer but gives a lot of information about them. Actually has turned into a decent sports podcast. His last one, he went over the Ohio state Clemson game drive by drive and it was really good.

Edited by buno67