The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

We will definitely be better on offense and our offense was darn good this season. The defense will probably take a slight step back but Shaun Wade coming back help soften the blow. We lose Chase showing which is impossible to replace but the defensive line will still be very solid. Basically the same linebacker group minus Harrison but no real change beyond that. We lose Jordan Fuller, but Josh Proctor will be very solid in year three at safety. Essentially I think we take a slight step back on defense but will have as good of an offense as there is in the country. I definitely don’t think we will be worse than this year, a team that should really be playing for a national championship. If we are, it would be due to unforeseen injuries.,And we had our share of those down the stretch as it was. All in all, I think they could be as good or better next year. They need some young guys like Tyreke Smith and Zach Harrison to take the next step on the DL. Between Banks and Cameron Brown, I think the cornerback spot on the other side of Wade will be solid. The reason I said they could be better is because Fields is in year 2 here as a starter. Throw him in with those young OL studs having another season, Fleming and co coming in at WR, will be very hard to stop. 

Edited by NateDawg

Just saw that Myers Munford, and Davis are all returning. I thought after the season Davis had he would be gone since he is one of the best IOL in the nation and would have been one of the first IOL draft. 

that’s going to be a huge boost to next year. I’m assuming Paris Johnson starts at RT, dude is too good. Just leaves open LG

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

. Between Banks and Cameron Brown, I think the cornerback spot on the other side of Wade will be solid. 

Reip got all backup reps this year. Why do you feel he won't be the next starter? Bc he was awful? I agree but he still got all the reps until the end of the season lol. I just hope someone beats him out bc if not, that side will be in trouble

11 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Reip got all backup reps this year. Why do you feel he won't be the next starter? Bc he was awful? I agree but he still got all the reps until the end of the season lol. I just hope someone beats him out bc if not, that side will be in trouble

Riep only played Wade’s nickel spot. When he was hurt and then when he was suspended against Clemson. Brown and Banks were the outside guys. I imagine Riep plays slot with Wade kicked outside and the winner of Banks/Brown starts opposite Wade. Tyreke Johnson somewhere in the mix. Time is now for him to break in or get left out. Then you have the incomers, Cavazos/Watts. Don’t really see them playing a role next year.

Edited by NateDawg
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Riep only played Wade’s nickel spot. When he was hurt and then when he was suspended against Clemson. Brown and Banks were the outside guys. I imagine Riep plays slot with Wade kicked outside and the winner of Banks/Brown starts opposite Wade. Tyreke Johnson somewhere in the mix. Time is now for him to break in or get left out. Then you have the incomers, Cavazos/Watts. Don’t really see them playing a role next year.

Thanks for the clarification. I just remember seeing Wade go out, Reip come in and being extremely unsatisfied with his production..... to put it nicely. 

As with any league, if we get to the QB quickly and often, our secondary will improve by default as their jobs will be easier. I'm pumped to see what Harrison has next season. 

• Like 1

On 1/4/2020 at 6:32 PM, JTagg7754 said:

I'm pumped to see what Harrison has next season. 

We all need to take a second to remember one of Day's first big recruiting gets was Harrison. I think he really was all set go to Michigan 

On 1/4/2020 at 5:38 PM, JTagg7754 said:

I think we keep an eye on what Darnay Holmes does, if he hits the portal we can move on him 

On 1/4/2020 at 5:34 PM, buno67 said:

Just saw that Myers Munford, and Davis are all returning. I thought after the season Davis had he would be gone since he is one of the best IOL in the nation and would have been one of the first IOL draft. 

that’s going to be a huge boost to next year. I’m assuming Paris Johnson starts at RT, dude is too good. Just leaves open LG

I almost knew Davis was going to leave, he was studly this whole season.

I saw somewhere where they could move Myers to LG and move Harry Miller to OC, there are plenty of options. 

As far as RT, I actually think it could be between NPF and Dawand Jones with Johnson being the #1 backup at LT 

28 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

So Quincy Roche and Jahmyr Gibbs (did he officially sign?) are names to keep an eye on the transfer portal.

Gibbs is just part of the late signing period. Would not be a transfer. Roche seems to have a lot of suitors and yes he will be a nice grad transfer somewhere, hopefully here. 

Edited by NateDawg

I think the CFP committee wanted an ACC-SEC title game all along. So, we were really the number 1 team all along, but the committee demoted us to 2 knowing our history with Clemson. If this is in fact true, boy is there gonna be hell to pay.