The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

Most of us will rest a little easier that LSU took care of business. I don’t think we would’ve beaten LSU, their offense looked pretty unstoppable with Burrow and those WRs, even against our defensive backs. I personally did not care who won, but it was cool to see Joe Burrow and the season that he had. What a story, and now he will go back home to Southern Ohio.

Heading into next season, Clemson seems to be the Vegas odds to win a championship. Then you have teams like Ohio State, Alabama, and LSU if they get good quarterback play. It’s hard not to see us at least being in the mix and being in the playoffs. I think you can pretty much write Clemson in ink in the playoffs, coming from the ACC. That’s probably why they have all the odds right now, because they are pretty much in the final four as it stands anyways. Hopefully the committee figures out the Oklahoma does not belong if there is another team worthy of being in the final for next season. There were three teams that did above the rest this season. 

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

Most of us will rest a little easier that LSU took care of business. I don’t think we would’ve beaten LSU, their offense looked pretty unstoppable with Burrow and those WRs, even against our defensive backs. I personally did not care who won, but it was cool to see Joe Burrow and the season that he had. What a story, and now he will go back home to Southern Ohio.

Heading into next season, Clemson seems to be the Vegas odds to win a championship. Then you have teams like Ohio State, Alabama, and LSU if they get good quarterback play. It’s hard not to see us at least being in the mix and being in the playoffs. I think you can pretty much write Clemson in ink in the playoffs, coming from the ACC. That’s probably why they have all the odds right now, because they are pretty much in the final four as it stands anyways. Hopefully the committee figures out the Oklahoma does not belong if there is another team worthy of being in the final for next season. There were three teams that did above the rest this season. 

I just think we matched up better. We had a defensive line that could create pressure, so we could have put 7 guys into coverage. Every other team had to try and blitz Burrows to create pressure and after awhile he was going to pick that apart. I think with our DL and our secondary we could have gave them one hell of a fight. 

6 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

I'm under the impression no team was beating LSU this season. The only way we could have it to get into a race w/ them and I'm not sure we had the firepower to do that. Regardless, let's hope Day gets these kids ready for next season. We will be a force.

With a healthy Fields and Dobbins, they had the fire power IM0