The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

I also believe it was LSU's season to win it all, and they would have been very hard to beat last night. 

I do think OSU was probably a better matchup for them, and mainly because of Jeff Okudah / Damon Arnette / Shaun Wade. I know Chase and Jefferson are extremely good players, but I don't think the OSU CBs would have been lit up quite like Terrell and company were lit up. He had an awful night for sure. But Fields just wasn't healthy at the end of the season (and that was one of the main reason they didn't beat Clemson. They couldn't score in the redzone, where he was very productive all year as a runner) and I don't think they could have outscored LSU. 

Edited by BRANDON26841X

IMO, in order to beat LSU last night, the following would have had to happen, that realistically, probably isn't possible:

*100% healthy Fields

*100% healthy Dobbins

...and even then, it's AT BEST a coinflip. They aren't fully healthy/wouldn't have been last night.

I'd like our DB situation on the outside better than theirs, and Wade/Simmons in the slot is a push at best, if not advantage Simmons.

Our running game/OL vs. their DL is a better matchup.

Yeah, Ohio state was definitely a better matchup and most would agree better team than Clemson.  With the defensive line and cornerbacks that we have, we would have fared better defending Burrow and those WRs. I still don’t think we would have beaten LSU, they seemed like a team of destiny. Obviously we would’ve loved to see how it played out though.

14 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

With as much talent as there is accumulating in the south and with the bagmen running wild at a few schools down there, OSU won’t stay the #1 class in the 2021 recruiting class for the long haul. It’s shaping to be a great class though. As long as they continue string together top 5 types of classes and keep up the quality player development, they’re in good shape competing for titles. The talent gap is continuing to widen with Ohio State and the rest of the Big Ten. UM finished 2nd in the conference in recruiting and didn’t have a top 100 ranked signee. 

5 hours ago, NateDawg said:

With as much talent as there is accumulating in the south and with the bagmen running wild at a few schools down there, OSU won’t stay the #1 class in the 2021 recruiting class for the long haul. It’s shaping to be a great class though. As long as they continue string together top 5 types of classes and keep up the quality player development, they’re in good shape competing for titles. The talent gap is continuing to widen with Ohio State and the rest of the Big Ten. UM finished 2nd in the conference in recruiting and didn’t have a top 100 ranked signee. 

Still a chance. This season they only took 20 guys. This ‘21 class ,they could range from 21-23 Guys, so they could get the top class. I think it depends on how the team played early on and it keeping recruits excited