The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

I wonder if the Bucks go back to their 6 man rotation at DE they used in 2017.  They should have the depth for it, albeit with Chase Young getting the most reps

LDE: Jashon Cornell, Tyreke Smith, Tyler Friday

RDE: Chase Young, Jonathan Cooper, Zach Harrison

Then in 2020 Young, Cooper, and Cornell will move on with the top 3 being Smith, Harrison, and Friday with the next class coming up behind them.  Could possibly see Tyreke Smith beat out Cornell for the first team reps next year, albeit I think the top 4 all play pretty regularly, with Harrison getting selected reps like Young did as a freshman.

On 12/20/2018 at 10:44 PM, buno67 said:

I dont think I would want to crown Fields just yet. Tate was still a top tier recruit and has been with Day since day 1. 

I know Tate had some hype but we are talking about two entirely different skill sets and ceilings. All Fields would have to do is prove the hype to overtake Tate, much like the Haskins/Burrow situation. 

44 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I know Tate had some hype but we are talking about two entirely different skill sets and ceilings. All Fields would have to do is prove the hype to overtake Tate, much like the Haskins/Burrow situation. 

I think it’s different. Tate is a lot more talented than Burrows. It’s not like Tate was just a filler QB cause the class needed one. One of the nations best QBs that once he decommitted tOSU was all over him. 

If some say Day is as good of a QB guy as he, the talent Tate has and been working with Day for 3 springs, that Tate should be ready to go. He will never be the passer Haskin is but he should be a very dangerous dual threat. Level of Pryor but be a better Thrower

With the Browns only able to have 8-7-1 at best and the Bengals heading towards last place, once again, OSU will finish the season as the best football team in Ohio. The pro teams have a long way to go still before they dethrone the Buckeyes.

7 hours ago, pf9 said:

With the Browns only able to have 8-7-1 at best and the Bengals heading towards last place, once again, OSU will finish the season as the best football team in Ohio. The pro teams have a long way to go still before they dethrone the Buckeyes.

Lol no ****.

You’re talking about an all time great program at their level.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, buno67 said:

True but it will never fully allow Day to develop into his own coach tho. It will be a good thing and a bad thing

I think he will 

but any first time HC who wants to be great is going to want a mentor

whos going to be a better mentor than Urban?

now Urban has to to accept his not the HC anymore, but if he does that I think this will workout perfect 

Sounds like if Jordan returns for his senior season, he'll be back at guard with Josh Myers at C

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2019-rose-bowl-game/2018/12/101020/michael-jordan-kj-hill-remain-undecided-on-nfl-draft-decisions-entering-rose-bowl#comments

Ohio State offensive coordinator Ryan Day, who will be the Buckeyes’ head coach next season, said Saturday that if Jordan does return for his senior season, the current plan would be to move him back to guard – where Wyatt Davis also projects as a likely starter for 2019 – while Josh Myers is first in line to replace Jordan at center. Day said Myers actually got some work with the first-team offensive line at center – with Jordan at left guard – during bowl practices because current starting left guard Malcolm Pridgeon missed some time with a finger injury.

Holy crap that would be a strong interior line.

LT: Thayer Munford (3rd year Junior)
LG: Michael Jordan (4th year Senior)
C: Josh Myers (3rd year Sophomore)
RG: Wyatt Davis (3rd year Sophomore)
RT: Nicholas Petit-Frere (2nd year Freshman)

That could potentially be a mauling run blocking line like we had in 2014

• Like 2