The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

On 12/14/2019 at 2:16 PM, JTagg7754 said:

Why is Chase trolling folks saying he's coming back next year? Not fooling anyone, kid! Stop messing with people's emotions.

I think this is a great sign, he is 100% clocked into the immediate goal which is the CFP. If true, just one more thing to love about him

5 hours ago, NateDawg said:

They’re targeting Kerry Coombs.

All for it, this is my guy. If he were to come he'll definitely get an endorsement from the seniors/upper classmen

We got a commitment and signed CJ Stroud today. That’s big time and a second quarterback to go with Jack Miller.  One of those guys is going to be the quarterback in 2021. The “experts” seem to think Stroud has as much upside as any QB in the class. That’s an important get in the transition after Justin fields to keep the quarterback room strong. 2021 class already has McCord, who is a 5*, but I don’t see him ready to go in the Day offense right away as a frosh. 

Clark Phillips is making his decision tomorrow between Ohio State and Utah. Hanging onto him to be a big deal, as he could very easily step into the slot cornerback position right away next season. Cornerback is an important position next season with all of our guys leaving. Beyond that, no surprises today and everyone signed aside from Cameron Martinez, who is holding off until the later signing day,  as we await a new DB coach. 

4 hours ago, NateDawg said:

We got a commitment and signed CJ Stroud today. That’s big time and a second quarterback to go with Jack Miller.  One of those guys is going to be the quarterback in 2021. The “experts” seem to think Stroud has as much upside as any QB in the class. That’s an important get in the transition after Justin fields to keep the quarterback room strong. 2021 class already has McCord, who is a 5*, but I don’t see him ready to go in the Day offense right away as a frosh. 

Clark Phillips is making his decision tomorrow between Ohio State and Utah. Hanging onto him to be a big deal, as he could very easily step into the slot cornerback position right away next season. Cornerback is an important position next season with all of our guys leaving. Beyond that, no surprises today and everyone signed aside from Cameron Martinez, who is holding off until the later signing day,  as we await a new DB coach. 

Was hoping for Stroud!

giphy.gif

• Like 1

The highlight of this recruiting class is definitely the wide receiver position. By far the best receiving class in the country and probably the best since Alabama’s class a couple years back. As far as this team staying at the premier level, one of those two quarterbacks panning out is the biggest thing, but I think we will be fine with Ryan Day. Early indications are an even better class next season, so those two classes back to back will be huge. I would expect for it to be heavy on defensive line. Off to a good early start.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NateDawg said:

He’s going to sign with Utah tomorrow. He committed to Hafley more than anything and got cold feet when he left. Plus Utah is recruiting his bro in the next class apparently. 

Well, 💩 happens. I get it though, these kids get tied to those that recruit them. If Coombs comes back on board, we'll be fine and grab someone else.

Edited by JTagg7754

Playoff game a week from tonight. Think they land in AZ tomorrow for the week. SEC officials doing the game. I think both teams will score some points. Have to like our OL up against their DL in the ground game. But can’t fall behind early like against UW. Right now I’m thinking it will be a 38-34 type of game. It’s a cliche but whoever wins up front will probably win. Both teams are really solid on the oline. Have to limit Etienne, because if they are 2nd or 3rd and short all night, that gives Lawrence a real advantage and negates Chase Young. I think with Chase though, if we stop the ground game, we will fare pretty well against Lawrence. That’s no easy task though.

Edited by NateDawg