The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

Lets keep the insults out of this.  There is no need for someone to come on strong in the team thread where we know things are going to be different than a normal thread, and there is also no need to call someone out for being a dupe or for breaking rules.  If you have an issue with someone, please shoot me a PM.  

2 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Good news about Justin is that we’ve wanted him to be a passer first anyways. So nothing changes philosophically or schematically for us.

If he was a Braxton Miller or JT barrett type, I’d be worried.

I'm still worried about he's ability to run considering his ability to be wild with accuracy at times. He said he's 85% though so I'm good with it. 

The running portion adds another dimension for teams to scheme against, but even more than that, it’s his plant leg and that’s a major reason why he sailed so many passes and was so inaccurate vs Wisky. Hopefully he’s able to at least throw normally even if that dynamic running threat isn’t there.

Reports are Munford, Wyatt Davis, and Josh Myers will all return for next season according to a report from Letterman Row. That’s a pretty big deal for the OL next year. I’m not sure the defense will be quite the same level with who we are losing, but I expect the offense to be even better next season.

Edited by NateDawg
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Reports are Munford, Wyatt Davis, and Josh Myers will all return for next season according to a report from Letterman Row. That’s a pretty big deal for the OL next year. I’m not sure the defense will be quite the same level with who we are losing, but I expect the offense to be even better next season.

Wow, that's excellent news if it happens. Our offense will be in great shape. Losing JK will hurt but we're absolutely stacked at WR, TE, and Teague will be fine. 

29 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Offense would be kinda nuts next year if that happens

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Offense would be kinda nuts next year if that happens

Really the only thing that we are losing is our running back. Dobbins is a darn good one, but Teague is ready to go behind him and was 3rd Team All Conference basically in mopup duty. Then you have another year of the offensive line developing, when you already have it stocked full of All Big Ten and All American dudes. Brandon Bowen was good but probably our fifth best offensive lineman. Replace him with either Paris Johnson or Petit Frere. Jonah Jackson leaves, but Harry Miller is the real deal coming in as a sophomore starter in his place.

The receivers will actually be better and more explosive next season as well with who we have coming in. I also expect Fields to be better and more polished next season obviously. You can’t replace Chase Young and those defensive backs, so the defense will probably take a little bit of a step backwards. It should still be solid though, and that offense will be right at the top around the country. The bigger adjustment will probably be 2021 with what we will be losing on offense. 2020 will be a pretty loaded team without much transition.

Edited by NateDawg
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Wow, that's excellent news if it happens. Our offense will be in great shape. Losing JK will hurt but we're absolutely stacked at WR, TE, and Teague will be fine. 

only one that truly is ready to be a pro is Davis. Dude is one of the best guards in the nation