The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

On 3/23/2020 at 8:09 AM, THE DUKE said:

Sermon is a big pickup with Teague's achilles injury and Crowley's issues staying healthy as well.

The great thing about the situation is:

- They will have more time to recover (Crowley, Teague)

- You will get the absolute best out of these guys and whoever the feature guy is (Sermon, Crowley, Chambers, Williams) its because he truly is the best out of the bunch.

34 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Really curious if that sticks since he has never visited 

I would think Clemson deciding they want him at RB and pursuing would be OSU's only possible threat. Not saying they would land him automatically or anything, but that would probably be the only somewhat realistic situation he doesn't end up at OSU since he did like them a lot. Think they pursued at DB and he dropped them.

20 minutes ago, JammerHammer21 said:

I would think Clemson deciding they want him at RB and pursuing would be OSU's only possible threat. Not saying they would land him automatically or anything, but that would probably be the only somewhat realistic situation he doesn't end up at OSU since he did like them a lot. Think they pursued at DB and he dropped them.

Yeah, supposedly they changed their tune on that but were late to the party recruiting him as a RB. I could see it though if he had a change of heart. Clemson has almost picked their players the last couple years. Really weird that they didn’t think he was a running back though based on his junior film. He looks like a game breaker. I imagine Clemson will probably get Will Shipley though and won’t be hurting at the position, especially after getting Bowman last season. You never really know on these guys that have never visited campus before though. It gets time to sign the paper, some of these guys decide to just stay close to home. I’m not necessarily expecting it, but it’s also not out of the realm of possibility.

On the flipside, this might give your guys a leg up on Donavan Edwards. He was trending towards Ohio State before Henderson verbaled  to OSU behind the scenes. Now with Henderson and Pryor, OSU is done at the position. Not that they wouldn’t take Edwards, but nobody really wants to be a part of a 3-man class at RB. Seems it’s Georgia or Michigan for Edwards.

Edited by NateDawg

1 minute ago, NateDawg said:

Yeah, supposedly they changed their tune on that but were late to the party recruiting him as a RB. I could see it though if he had a change of heart. Clemson has almost picked their players the last couple years. Really weird that they didn’t think he was a running back though based on his junior film. He looks like a game breaker. I imagine Clemson will probably get Will Shipley though and won’t be hurting at the position, especially after getting Bowman last season. You never really know on these guys that have never visited campus before though. It gets time to sign the paper, some of these guys decide to just stay close to home. I’m not necessarily expecting it, but it’s also not out of the realm of possibility.

On the flipside, this might give your guys a leg up on Donavan Edwards. He was trending towards Ohio State before Henderson verbaled  to OSU behind the scenes. Now with Henderson and Pryor, OSU is done at the position. Not that they wouldn’t take Edwards, but nobody really wants to be a part of a 3-man class at RB. Seems it’s Georgia or Michigan for Edwards.

Yeah, I think Clemson lands Shipley, so that should cut the sting. 

I do think Michigan will end up landing Edwards now, but they'll have to stave off Georgia. Just think location will win out when he's able to get back to campus, but it's definitely not a slam dunk. I wouldn't be surprised if Edwards was ahead of Pryor on OSU's board, but think it was unlikely they could land both Edwards and Henderson, and no reason to turn down a guy like Pryor if he wants in and Edwards isn't ready.