The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

On 5/1/2020 at 5:16 PM, candyman93 said:

Also, I guarantee OSU benefits from the new endorsement $$$ rules. Columbus is the largest city without a Big 3 pro sports team.

https://www.cleveland.com/osu/2020/04/ohio-state-football-will-prosper-more-than-any-program-with-athletes-making-endorsement-money.html?outputType=amp&__twitter_impression=true

Honestly think that’s why Rutgers is having success recruiting. They can pitch the NY media market to athletes. 

Ohio state holds a huge advantage. They are the only major DI program in their state. So their is no competition. Columbus is bigger than most NFL markets. They are one of the most successful programs in the nation. Easily top5/top3. I don’t think any program in the nation can come close to those 3 things actually. The population of Tuscaloosa ranks,what, 306th I think and Columbus is a top15 city.hell you add in huge buckeye cities in Cleveland and Cincy and you got 3 cities in the top75. You have some colleges located in a huge market, like USC but they program is a mess. Same with like Texas 

Edited by buno67
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Dang.

It just hit me, I don’t see how high school football happens next fall.

If kids are in school, then football will happen. If you are going to put 20-30 kids in each classroom and 2000 in the high school, hard to argue with 60-70 kids playing football.

13 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Dang.

It just hit me, I don’t see how high school football happens next fall.

It is definitely contingent upon in person education at the HS level. If school resumes as per normal, then I think there's a good chance. However, if it's "remote learning", then I 100% agree that you won't have HS football...and this is coming from a HS teacher/football coach. :(

• Like 1

On 5/4/2020 at 10:21 AM, buno67 said:

Honestly think that’s why Rutgers is having success recruiting. They can pitch the NY media market to athletes. 

Ohio state holds a huge advantage. They are the only major DI program in their state. So their is no competition. Columbus is bigger than most NFL markets. They are one of the most successful programs in the nation. Easily top5/top3. I don’t think any program in the nation can come close to those 3 things actually. The population of Tuscaloosa ranks,what, 306th I think and Columbus is a top15 city.hell you add in huge buckeye cities in Cleveland and Cincy and you got 3 cities in the top75. You have some colleges located in a huge market, like USC but they program is a mess. Same with like Texas 

Being able to pitch the city of Columbus is huge when it comes to recruiting. Ive always felt that it could be part of the reason why they get recruits from all over the country to begin with but now you also put in the fact that they can land endorsement money too? man....

I know there are tons of national headquarters there too that could offer some good money. Wendys, White Castle, Victoria Secret, Express, Bath and Body Works, Nationwide, Huntington Bank, Scotts Lawn, Budweiser Brewery, Big Lots, Abercrombie and Fitch, DSW Shoes,  Sabarro, Bob Evans, Rogue Fitness, Donatos, NetJets, Value City Furniture, Stanley Steemer, Safe Auto Insurance, Red Roof Inn, Safelite, The Limited, Max and Ermas, ect........

Its actually quite rediculous how many companies are based in Columbus or from Columbus.

3 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Being able to pitch the city of Columbus is huge when it comes to recruiting. Ive always felt that it could be part of the reason why they get recruits from all over the country to begin with but now you also put in the fact that they can land endorsement money too? man....

I know there are tons of national headquarters there too that could offer some good money. Wendys, White Castle, Victoria Secret, Express, Bath and Body Works, Nationwide, Huntington Bank, Scotts Lawn, Budweiser Brewery, Big Lots, Abercrombie and Fitch, DSW Shoes,  Sabarro, Bob Evans, Rogue Fitness, Donatos, NetJets, Value City Furniture, Stanley Steemer, Safe Auto Insurance, Red Roof Inn, Safelite, The Limited, Max and Ermas, ect........

Its actually quite rediculous how many companies are based in Columbus or from Columbus.

I didn’t know about 90% of those companies had their headquarters in Columbus. Damn

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

"Hey everyone, i'm Zack Harrison, after I've sacked Michigan's quarterback 3 times, I can't wait to hit the sack in my awesome bed from Value City Furniture"

Hey Everyone, I’m Zack Harrison, after I’ve sacked Michigan’s Quarterback 3 times, I like to leave (insert special bath and body works lotion) in his post game locker to help him recover from all the abuse his skin took hitting the ground. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

"Hey everyone, i'm Zack Harrison, after I've sacked Michigan's quarterback 3 times, I can't wait to hit the sack in my awesome bed from Value City Furniture"

I was all for this getting paid thing until you presented this scenario. This is 100% happening and I'm already embarrassed. 

Who do I have to call to cancel the request for this to happen?

Edited by JTagg7754
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

I was all for this getting paid thing until you presented this scenario. This is 100% happening and I'm already embarrassed. 

Who do I have to call to cancel the request for this to happen?

Coaches and pro athletes already do this. Why isn't it bothering you now?