The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

You add in the stats, yes inflated because of tenure but also add in his pure leadership and being a huge factor in a reason we won a title  he deserves way much more credit. Not his fault that Urbz replaces Herman with a good awful coach in Beck who ruined his development. 

also holding his time against is crazy. You remove is sophomore, the year after his major ankle injury, he is still up there.

Should we down grade Archie and Eddie, they were four year guys. 

He is easily a top50 guy. You are being jaded cause the other teams after ‘15 didn’t win a title.  The failures of those teams aren’t just JTBs fault. 

by the way Archie, Eddie, Hawk, Laurenitis, and Smith were there For 4 seasons, so they should be excluded from your list because you know, 4yrs In college should exclude you from an all time great list, right?

also love Nick Bosa but he loses his place for pretty much leaving the team mid season. Yeah he got hurt but he truly choose the NFL during that. Don’t blame him but that hurts him

I'm not holding time against him. I'm saying it's the only reason he holds any records lol. You threw a massive hissy fit and went off for reasons you concluded to be my thoughts when they're not.

15 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

I'm not holding time against him. I'm saying it's the only reason he holds any records lol. You threw a massive hissy fit and went off for reasons you concluded to be my thoughts when they're not.

You know if you eliminate his ‘15 season from his cumulative stat total he still holds the program records for total yards and total TDs?

so his 3 best seasons put him #1 in just about every major Stat in program history. So saying he only holds the records because he was there for 4 years is a weak argument  

If it’s just his last two seasons alone he is top5 in total yards of all time and top3 in total TDs. The guys ahead of him on the list have stats worth of 3-4 seasons

i get it, you hate JTB. Just admit it!

7 minutes ago, buno67 said:

You know if you eliminate his ‘15 season from his cumulative stat total he still holds the program records for total yards and total TDs?

so his 3 best seasons put him #1 in just about every major Stat in program history. So saying he only holds the records because he was there for 4 years is a weak argument  

If it’s just his last two seasons alone he is top5 in total yards of all time and top3 in total TDs. The guys ahead of him on the list have stats worth of 3-4 seasons

i get it, you hate JTB. Just admit it!

Barrett racked up stats against garbage teams and barely did anything against teams worth a damn. There were 7 games in 2016 where he threw just as many TDs as INTs if not more INTs. That's dreadful. Only meaningful game where I say he played lights out was PSU in 17. I'm not sure why we're saying this guy was so great aside from his stat lines which were abysmal quite often. And yes, I don't think he was a good player. You love him. So what?

OK so here's my list of people I'd rank better than JT Barrett at their positions. Obviously this is difficult as the QB position is easily the most important while so are not but this is whom I feel are/were more dominant. It's also hard b/c there's 0 doubt in my mind that if Haskins had stayed another year, he'd be ranked higher but his sample size is too small and we cannot assume what he would've done even though most of us would agree he would've been stellar. 

I want to note I'm also going to exclude older players I did not see play. I can read about them, I can watch clips but I think it would be unfair in my personal assessment to add players to a list I feel  are better if I never saw them play (there will be exceptions for those that are all time greats ie Griffin). I am also not accounting pro success in here b/c Michael Thomas, held back by QB play IMO, would be at the top of this list but as a Buckeye, I can promise he won't be there.

In no order:

1. Zeke
  2. Joey Bosa
  3. Chase
  4. Troy Smith
  5. Katz
  6. Hawk
  7. Speilman
  8. Tatum
  9. Eddie
  10. Griffin
  11. Chris Carter
  12. Ginn
  13. Laurenitis
  14. Malcolm Jenkins
  15. Winfield
  16. Heyward
  17. Will Smith
  18. Wilkinson
  19. Santonio
  20. Mangold
  21. Shazier
  22. Okudah
  23. Lattimore
  24. Dobbins
  25. Beanie Wells
  26. LeCharles Bentley
  27. Boston
  28. Pat Elflein
  29. Shawn Springs

Things start getting dicey for me around here but I'm sure a lot more OL could be added then factoring in the older guys I'm not familiar w/. Then you have guys where it's debatable like Curtis Samuel, Bobby Carpenter but I give JT the benefit of the doubt. What I'm getting at above is I'd be hard-pressed to find reasons for how Barrett was more dominant at his position than those guys that I listed were. Then you have the one year, more than likely would've been better guys like Haskins, Hooker etc and then do you feel Nuge was? Dude NEVER missed. He could be considered the best K in college football history.

I don't see how not having him in the top 50 is all that crazy of a notion. Yeah, he had excellent stats b/c he was there forever but he was rarely dominant. Let's also not forget it's not like OSU has a QB history that is full of insane talent. Hell, people like Krenzel are widely revered. 

On 6/21/2020 at 10:47 AM, candyman93 said:

I’ll never forget this game. It filled me with such false hope about JT. He went God tier mode at 9:58.

I feel like this game summarizes OSU vs any good Big 10 team.

This will probably be the greatest game I'll personally have ever witnessed from any sport, ever. Exactly one week after my wedding also as we got tickets for a gift... my wife is a huge fan so of course our wedding had to be during a bye week lol. One of the best games any QB in our history has ever played. He was lights out and a huge reason we won.

Edited by JTagg7754

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

That game and the Wisconsin game this year makes me appreciate special teams.

Whenever we need a spark, that unit always makes a clutch play like a blocked punt.

Don't forget Special Teams was also important as Saquan got them out to that very early lead against us that game. I missed it b/c I hadn't even gotten to my damn seat yet lol. It's part of the reason I wanted to put Chrisman on my list and also suggest Nuge lol

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

In no order:

1. Zeke
  2. Joey Bosa
  3. Chase
  4. Troy Smith
  5. Katz
  6. Hawk
  7. Speilman
  8. Tatum
  9. Eddie
  10. Griffin
  11. Chris Carter
  12. Ginn
  13. Laurenitis
  14. Malcolm Jenkins
  15. Winfield
  16. Heyward
  17. Will Smith
  18. Wilkinson
  19. Santonio
  20. Mangold
  21. Shazier
  22. Okudah
  23. Lattimore
  24. Dobbins
  25. Beanie Wells
  26. LeCharles Bentley
  27. Boston
  28. Pat Elflein
  29. Shawn Springs

You forgot the GOAT Buckeye of all time at his position, Orlando Pace.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

You forgot the GOAT Buckeye of all time at his position, Orlando Pace.

Good call. I had him in my previous, "didn't think about it", post and thought I had him as one of the top players listed. Not sure how I omitted him but I surely did. Good catch. There's probably many more I missed as well

26 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

We lost a 3* Ohio kid to Bama.

Just give me Tuimoloau and Egbuka to make up for it.

his decommitment actually increased their average player rating in the class from 95.30 to 95.71 lol

he was the lowest rated guy in the class, so it gives them another scholarship to play with. Let’s see what happens. 

jordan Hanncock tweeted about this decommitment. Henderson and Christman tweeted back at him that sounded like they were trying to flip him to take that spot

Edited by buno67
  • Like 1