The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

4 hours ago, buno67 said:

So pepper Johnson is the new DC for Florida’s IMG Academy. 

hopefully that opens the floodgate of Ohio State recruiting in that program by having buckeye great in the building 

I've never thought about this until I read your post:

Is that "illegal"? Can he basically tell his players "Yeah, go to OSU, it's dope and you'll get the best coaching possible"?

3 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

I've never thought about this until I read your post:

Is that "illegal"? Can he basically tell his players "Yeah, go to OSU, it's dope and you'll get the best coaching possible"?

Completely legal I believe. He can def talk up the program. Only issues is I doubt Pepper stays there long. If he turns in some great defenses and produces some top talent. He will get hired to a college program to help land a recruit prolly. 

Edited by buno67
  • Like 1

On 7/7/2020 at 6:36 AM, buno67 said:

So pepper Johnson is the new DC for Florida’s IMG Academy. 

hopefully that opens the floodgate of Ohio State recruiting in that program by having buckeye great in the building 

That's good. OSU was struggling so hard in recruiting. They needed a competitive advantage somewhere. Glad they got a break.

• Like 8

30 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

No Oregon this year kinda sucks :/

Yep. Was planning on going also. We're not even going to have a season so be prepared to modify your statement to "No football this year......" unless...... c'moooon science!!....... or herd immunity at this point.... but more-so science. Only way we're getting football is if it's pushed to a spring season and even then, it's still up in the air. The vaccines that are out show a ton of promise and are already being mass produced so fingers crossed.

• Like 1

If college football is even delayed, we are screwed. No way Fields, Wade, and others screw with their draft process even further.

I hope every draft eligible Buckeye declares as soon as possible. Unless they want to improve their stock. Avoid this freaking dumpster fire.

Edited by candyman93

6 hours ago, candyman93 said:

If college football is even delayed, we are screwed. No way Fields, Wade, and others screw with their draft process even further.

I hope every draft eligible Buckeye declares as soon as possible. Unless they want to improve their stock. Avoid this freaking dumpster fire.

Good thing is, it will happen to a lot of the other teams. Just sucks we might miss out on a heisman season and a title winning season

On 6/29/2020 at 10:06 PM, buno67 said:

his decommitment actually increased their average player rating in the class from 95.30 to 95.71 lol

he was the lowest rated guy in the class, so it gives them another scholarship to play with. Let’s see what happens. 

jordan Hanncock tweeted about this decommitment. Henderson and Christman tweeted back at him that sounded like they were trying to flip him to take that spot

• Like 1

On 7/19/2020 at 12:53 PM, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Hancock committed as some expected. 

We lose the lowest rated kid in the class and replace him with a guy who is now the 10th rated guy in tOSUs class. 

Now this move gives tOSU another chance at  Barrett Carter, one of the best linebackers in the country. He was being recruited hard by tOSU but chose Clemson. Rumors were with how close both families are, that Carter and Hancock wanted to play together in college. I think thats why we saw both committed to Clemson. Looks like things are changing...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, buno67 said:

We lose the lowest rated kid in the class and replace him with a guy who is now the 10th rated guy in tOSUs class. 

Now this move gives tOSU another chance at  Barrett Carter, one of the best linebackers in the country. He was being recruited hard by tOSU but chose Clemson. Rumors were with how close both families are, that Carter and Hancock wanted to play together in college. I think thats why we saw both committed to Clemson. Looks like things are changing...

Aren't we running out of 'ships though? We still have those two 5* kids to (hopefully) bring in from Washington 

• 2 weeks later...

Chargers DE Joey Bosa: 5 years, $135 million.
Saints WR Michael Thomas: 5 years, $96.25 million.
Cowboys RB Ezekiel Elliott: 6 years, $90 million.

yet the playoff committee didnt think that team was good enough for the playoffs