The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

If the Bucks get through PSU week 2 and get through Covid cancellations, you can probably pencil them into the Big Ten title game.  PSU is a more talented team than UM and has given OSU much better matchups the past several years.  If they get through game 2, the schedule is honestly a breeze up for about six weeks. 

On 8/30/2020 at 8:22 AM, BobbyPhil1781 said:

https://www.whio.com/news/ohio-state-football-player-haskell-garrett-injured-overnight-shooting/GFWKBI5W75H4ZPPGB2VWFWPWTM/

Good thing we're dealing with this instead of getting ready to start the season

So the police report was finally released. Garrett was trying to protect a female from a domestic violence dispute and the man pulled a gun out and shot him in the head (going through both cheeks which is a miracle). Pete Werner was in the apartment when police arrived and gave a statement. No idea if he was there when it all happened.

48 minutes ago, Adam21 said:

So the police report was finally released. Garrett was trying to protect a female from a domestic violence dispute and the man pulled a gun out and shot him in the head (going through both cheeks which is a miracle). Pete Werner was in the apartment when police arrived and gave a statement. No idea if he was there when it all happened.

That's ******* crazy. Good for him for trying to diffuse the situation but horrible outcome. He's very, very lucky.

13 hours ago, Adam21 said:

God definitely has a purpose for that young man.

• Like 1

Garrett is certainly fortunate to be as well off as he is with a shot to the face at close range. It went through and through his cheeks. I do know that he had to get dental implants and had damage done to his tongue, beyond that I don’t know what his status is as far as participation. He was likely to start along side Togiai. At this point you’re just thankful that it wasn’t worse and he can still live his life, whatever participation level this fall is just a bonus for him. 

• Like 2

Hopefully if Garrett isn't 100% he can get a medical redshirt 

Also, am I the only one that is bummed that we don't play either Purdue or Iowa, I was looking forward to pounding them out. Plus with us having a limited schedule, it actually could have benefited us in terms of style points 

Edited by MSURacerDT55

15 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Garrett is certainly fortunate to be as well off as he is with a shot to the face at close range. It went through and through his cheeks. I do know that he had to get dental implants and had damage done to his tongue, beyond that I don’t know what his status is as far as participation. He was likely to start along side Togiai. At this point you’re just thankful that it wasn’t worse and he can still live his life, whatever participation level this fall is just a bonus for him. 

My mind can’t process getting shot like that and surviving.

• Like 1

On 9/22/2020 at 7:44 PM, pf9 said:

Since the early 1990s, OSU has often ended the season as the best football team in Ohio.

Whether they do so again this year depends on how the Browns and Bengals do.

Mount Union might have some issues with that statement. 

Speaking of Mount Union, they are overdue for a move up to Division II.

The fact that longtime D-III power St. Thomas was approved for D-I membership was a real game changer.

With that happening, many successful D-III schools could begin to question their commitment to the D-III policy, though these schools, if they chose to pursue scholarship athletics, would likely move up to D-II. St. Thomas could have easily gone D-II as a member of the Northern Sun. But they took a gamble, and won.

By the end of this decade, more D-III powers could leave the division behind.

On 9/24/2020 at 7:45 PM, pf9 said:

Speaking of Mount Union, they are overdue for a move up to Division II.

The fact that longtime D-III power St. Thomas was approved for D-I membership was a real game changer.

With that happening, many successful D-III schools could begin to question their commitment to the D-III policy, though these schools, if they chose to pursue scholarship athletics, would likely move up to D-II. St. Thomas could have easily gone D-II as a member of the Northern Sun. But they took a gamble, and won.

By the end of this decade, more D-III powers could leave the division behind.

No need to move up tho. They enjoy their situation. They will pull better DIII athletes than any of their nearest competitors. They will pull in the top tier transfer cause they know they will win and get some possible NFL looks and Mount has the stigma that can carry you after you graduate when it comes to coaching. 

they could easily be the best DII program in Ohio but their are a lot of great DII programs in PA and Michigan. Going DI would just kill them IMO because they have made their bread and butter getting kids the competition couldn’t get. Now they would have to fight the likes of Ohio at and Cincy for the best instate kids. Then fight the Mac for the lower tier Ohio kids and then fight off the other Big10 schools for the top kids that Ohio state doesn’t want. 

if your a power program already. Not really worth it. If you are trying to make a name for yourself, going to scholarship football is going to help you do that.