Jump to content
zelbell

The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

Recommended Posts

Is it OK if I root for both?

I mean, there are several other leagues where I root for multiple teams, and there are quite a lot of people who root for multiple teams in the same sport. One example would be people in the Bay Area rooting for both the San Francisco Giants and Oakland Athletics - it's a pretty friendly rivalry, mainly because their lone World Series meeting as cross-bay rivals was interrupted by an earthquake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, pf9 said:

Is it OK if I root for both?

I mean, there are several other leagues where I root for multiple teams, and there are quite a lot of people who root for multiple teams in the same sport. One example would be people in the Bay Area rooting for both the San Francisco Giants and Oakland Athletics - it's a pretty friendly rivalry, mainly because their lone World Series meeting as cross-bay rivals was interrupted by an earthquake.

So will you hope for a tie? Just be happy they are playing and not care who wins? I don't think I have ever wanted both teams in a game I am watching. So, I am genuinely curious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No ties allowed in CFB anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2020 at 9:04 PM, pf9 said:

That means no memes I'm afraid

Actually take the time to write down why you don't like my ideas, in a way that isn't so thrashy

Meanwhile, season starts in a little over two weeks. I regret we didn't get a chance to add another win over Oregon to our series total.

Tim And Eric Moron GIF by Adult Swim

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

WTF happened to this team thread.

I blame the scissor lift assassin

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would have loved for OSU to get a chance for revenge on Oklahoma for the 2017 flag planting in the playoff last year.

But the CFP committee didn't like that storyline.

Not wanting a Clemson-LSU semifinal, but rather a final, and knowing we have never beat Clemson, they demoted us to the #2 seed.

Stuff like that is a huge reason why when the CFP expands to 8 teams, I want a Mason-Dixon format where one half of the bracket matches the top 4 teams in the South, and the other half the top 4 teams outside the South, guaranteeing a non-Southern team in the title game.

Thus, if the CFP really wants an ACC-SEC title game, it has to be either Boston College/Pittsburgh/Syracuse VS. a non-Missouri SEC team, or Missouri VS. any of the other 11 ACC teams.

Edited by pf9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, pf9 said:

I would have loved for OSU to get a chance for revenge on Oklahoma for the 2017 flag planting in the playoff last year.

But the CFP committee didn't like that storyline.

Not wanting a Clemson-LSU semifinal, but rather a final, and knowing we have never beat Clemson, they demoted us to the #2 seed.

Stuff like that is a huge reason why when the CFP expands to 8 teams, I want a Mason-Dixon format where one half of the bracket matches the top 4 teams in the South, and the other half the top 4 teams outside the South, guaranteeing a non-Southern team in the title game.

Thus, if the CFP really wants an ACC-SEC title game, it has to be either Boston College/Pittsburgh/Syracuse VS. a non-Missouri SEC team, or Missouri VS. any of the other 11 ACC teams.

If you want a non southern team in the title game, then win your freaking games. This isn’t the ncaa bracket where you have to cater for locations because you will be playing at a site. 
 

if I’m the #1 seed I want the lowest seed, no if’s ands or buts about it

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, buno67 said:

If you want a non southern team in the title game, then win your freaking games. This isn’t the ncaa bracket where you have to cater for locations because you will be playing at a site. 
 

if I’m the #1 seed I want the lowest seed, no if’s ands or buts about it

Look, i want both sides of the Mason-Dixon line to have an equal shot at the national title. You as an OSU fan should understand how frustrating it is to see a Southern team win every year. Just last year we were beat by a Clemson team that feasted on cupcakes while we had feasted on meat. Clemson should have been so fat from the cupcakes that they couldn't keep up with us. And we have never beaten Clemson. Our latest failure against them ended the same way the first two did - we were intercepted during an attempted game-winning drive. At least no punches were thrown by the OSU coach this time around. So I feel that if a Southern team really wants the national title, they have to go through a non-Southern team in the title game. Every time. And they may not always be successful.

Edited by pf9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, pf9 said:

Look, i want both sides of the Mason-Dixon line to have an equal shot at the national title. You as an OSU fan should understand how frustrating it is to see a Southern team win every year. Just last year we were beat by a Clemson team that feasted on cupcakes while we had feasted on meat. Clemson should have been so fat from the cupcakes that they couldn't keep up with us. And we have never beaten Clemson. Our latest failure against them ended the same way the first two did - we were intercepted during an attempted game-winning drive. At least no punches were thrown by the OSU coach this time around. So I feel that if a Southern team really wants the national title, they have to go through a non-Southern team in the title game. Every time. And they may not always be successful.

If anything, if we want reform. Every conference needs the same scheduling format. SEC scheduling allows them to fluff up their self worth, which is garage! Do away with these neutral site games. Make Bama play a true road non conference game for once. Only allow the sec to schedule an FCS team if they don’t have enough home games on the schedule just the big10 does. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, buno67 said:

If anything, if we want reform. Every conference needs the same scheduling format. SEC scheduling allows them to fluff up their self worth, which is garage! Do away with these neutral site games. Make Bama play a true road non conference game for once. Only allow the sec to schedule an FCS team if they don’t have enough home games on the schedule just the big10 does. 

Bama is going to come to OSU in 2027. I wanted that year's meeting to be the week before the UM game, because if the Big Ten was strong-armed into playing night games every week of the season by their TV partners by then, we could have hosted Bama on a cold November night.

Perhaps the straw that will break the camel's back into getting the Big Ten to play night games every week would be ESPN calling the Big Ten hypocrites for not doing so but the MAC, which ESPN also broadcasts and has a similar footprint to the Big Ten, does in fact have night games every week of the season - and November MACtion is quite popular.

Edited by pf9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pf9 said:

Bama is going to come to OSU in 2027. I wanted that year's meeting to be the week before the UM game, because if the Big Ten was strong-armed into playing night games every week of the season by their TV partners by then, we could have hosted Bama on a cold November night.

Perhaps the straw that will break the camel's back into getting the Big Ten to play night games every week would be ESPN calling the Big Ten hypocrites for not doing so but the MAC, which ESPN also broadcasts and has a similar footprint to the Big Ten, does in fact have night games every week of the season - and November MACtion is quite popular.

I’ll believe Bama coming to Columbus when I see it. I bet you they weasel it into a 1 game neutral site game

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...