The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

We’ve seen a dramatic shift in offensive philosophy. We will no longer recruit Braxton Miller / JT Barrett types.

Consequently I expect a drop off in running back production going forward. I think we will try to recruit guys more like Travis Etienne instead of JK Dobbins.

8 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Devonta Smith is such a WR1 that I'd almost take him plus any companion WR's over any other group.  Certainly pre-Waddle injury.  You're right though, we have so many dudes that are legit out there, and that number will only grow as a lot of these dudes are freshmen or sophomores.  This season is absolutely going to be a coming out party for Wilson.  It's crazy, because Fields only incompletion today was on a dropped touchdown by Olave.  Olave may or may not miss next week, but I think they will be fine out wide either way. 

As for backup QB, yeah, I could definitely see a different guy go out there first next time.  Either way, I take it at least as a good sign, because most would have thought Stroud over Smith based on reviews.  Maybe this was some sort of psychological confidence booster for Miller, or maybe he really is ahead in the battle, not sure.  Good situation behind Fields though.  Last season, Chugonov/Hoak was the 2/3.  This season we have two talented first year kids and then Hoak probably the #4. 

Yeah, I'll take Smith over any WR in the country but as a group, not sure anyone is better than us. These last two classes are just so good especially this year's. I was driving to this cabin the first half and didn't see the drop. Good to see Fields was on point and started where he left off last season. We're definitely fine if Olave does miss next game but I'd obviously prefer he be out there. 

When you said Smith did you mean Miller? You said Miller the second time but just making sure I didn't miss something. You're right that it could be something where we just try both out over the course of the year in garbage time but I was definitely surprised to see Miller come out first.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Yeah, I'll take Smith over any WR in the country but as a group, not sure anyone is better than us. These last two classes are just so good especially this year's. I was driving to this cabin the first half and didn't see the drop. Good to see Fields was on point and started where he left off last season. We're definitely fine if Olave does miss next game but I'd obviously prefer he be out there. 

When you said Smith did you mean Miller? You said Miller the second time but just making sure I didn't miss something. You're right that it could be something where we just try both out over the course of the year in garbage time but I was definitely surprised to see Miller come out first.

Yeah, Miller not Smith.  Generic last name mistakes, etc. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

We’ve seen a dramatic shift in offensive philosophy. We will no longer recruit Braxton Miller / JT Barrett types.

Consequently I expect a drop off in running back production going forward. I think we will try to recruit guys more like Travis Etienne instead of JK Dobbins.

Can’t even classify Miller and JTB. They were both recruited by different HCs. Miller was recruited by Tressell. Tress would Def change his schemes up for his QBs, Urbz had his identity and stuck by it.

you can’t say “ we will no longer recruit Braxton Miller types.” He was one of the best players in the nation. 5* .98 ranking on 247. 

3 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Teague doesn't look nearly as explosive coming off his injury as he did last year.  If he isn't 100%, then he shouldn't be out there.  Not only did Sermon look better, I thought Chambers looked better than Teague as well.

Well he did have a pretty major injury. He might be physically ready to go but I doubt he is 100% mentally ready. I think he might have a better game this week because he was able to return and not get hurt. That is the first major battle. He just needs to get his confidence back in his body. 

18 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Wife told me Fienbaum is saying the Wisconsin situation is the NCAA's doing bc they're the only team that could compete with OSU this year in the B1G and the punishment is their way of ensuring OSU makes it into the playoffs. Hope he saved some of that tin foil for dinner tonight. Sheesh. 

Kevin Warren really soiled the sheets on this Big Ten season, along with the stubbornness of presidents obviously. I’m sure there will be more effects felt, but this is a prime example, no margin for error on rescheduling games and a late start. I’m not even sure how they do standings in the Big Ten West if Wisconsin misses a few games.

And yeah, Paul Finebaum is ridiculous.

2 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Kevin Warren really soiled the sheets on this Big Ten season, along with the stubbornness of presidents obviously. I’m sure there will be more effects felt, but this is a prime example, no margin for error on rescheduling games and a late start. I’m not even sure how they do standings in the Big Ten West if Wisconsin misses a few games.

And yeah, Paul Finebaum is ridiculous.

I'm just glad they said that you only need to play 6 to be considered for the conference championship game. It's what we expected but the team looked pretty good against Nebraska and I feel we can hang, and beat, absolutely everyone in the country. I just hope we get our shot to. 

2 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Wife told me Fienbaum is saying the Wisconsin situation is the NCAA's doing bc they're the only team that could compete with OSU this year in the B1G and the punishment is their way of ensuring OSU makes it into the playoffs. Hope he saved some of that tin foil for dinner tonight. Sheesh. 

Why do people listen to that stooge? He's the SEC version of Skip Bayless. Him and that other turd that I can't think of right now that nobody respects.

• Like 1