The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

31 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

After the missed fumble call I wasn’t surprised it was missed at all. B1G officials are a joke.

I get the fumbles but a hit to the head like this, you can’t miss that. Usually if you just touch the helmet they flag it. 

the refs were awful in that game. This missed call and the personal foul on Davis, were just horrible

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

After the missed fumble call I wasn’t surprised it was missed at all. B1G officials are a joke.

On Teague's TD, someone was trying to dive after him and we had a lineman that literally grabbed his jersey so he couldn't dive far. That was probably the biggest missed call of the night IMO. Definitely not a good game for the officials. 

6 hours ago, buno67 said:

I get the fumbles but a hit to the head like this, you can’t miss that. Usually if you just touch the helmet they flag it. 

the refs were awful in that game. This missed call and the personal foul on Davis, were just horrible

Penix's fumble that was ruled his arm going forward and the fumble I think on IU's second drive by the WR that they never reviewed are two more.

17 hours ago, bootsy said:

Penix's fumble that was ruled his arm going forward and the fumble I think on IU's second drive by the WR that they never reviewed are two more.

That non-fumble call was especially bad.  The ball was literally turned 90 degrees sideways before his arm went forward.  I'm pretty sure it was his wrist that moved it forward and not his hand at all.

20 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

This guy reliable?

Tim May has been an Ohio State reporter for about 30 years now. He retired a couple years ago from the Columbus Dispatch and is just working as a contributor at Lettermen Row. LR is the most dialed in and connected Ohio State website as far as actual reliable information/sources in the program and not speculation. So, yes, he is reliable. That’s good news at least. On the flipside, even if the numbers are there, it takes two to tango. As we saw with  Florida State/Clemson last week. Hopefully it works out. One or two more cancellations and this season might as well be a wash.

Edited by NateDawg
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Does the 21 day rule apply for coaches?

Saw LJ was going to fill in. Now we're going to dominate and people are going to try even harder to pry his awesomeness from us.

I think it’s like 10 days with coaches, maybe 14 days, can’t remember. Not entirely sure though, the Big Ten is weird about things. My guess is he misses tomorrow and Michigan State and is back for Michigan week.

• Like 1

Assuming the rumors are true, I’m interested to see what prominent players tested positive this week. Eight is the number that was floated around, who knows what it really is, and it may have grown at this point. With the ridiculous 21 day rule though, that wipes all of those guys out for the remainder of the regular season. Hopefully none of our best players are among the number, but who knows. It will be interesting to see the availability report that is released in the morning.