The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

On 6/7/2021 at 7:29 PM, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Can we get a big recruit at any other position than WR lol I would love to see we landed a 5* DT or something for a change lol

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Can we get a big recruit at any other position than WR lol I would love to see we landed a 5* DT or something for a change lol

Hopefully JT signs with us after his tour this month. He's still CBd to us. Fingers crossed bc that would be insanely huge

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

YEah there was Ewers but I feel like everytime I have seen somebody commit to OSU for the past 3 months its been nothing but WRs

2022 commits from 247

Ohio State 2022 Football Commits (247sports.com)

1. Quinn Ewers, QB 5 Star, 1.0000 rating
  2. Jaheim Singletary, CB, 5 Star, .9918 rating
  3. CJ Hicks, LB, 5 Star, .9866 rating
  4. Caleb Burton, WR, 5 Star, .9836 rating
  5. Gabe Powers, LB, 4 Star, .9825 rating
  6. Kaleb Brown, WR, 4 Star, .9738 rating
  7. Jyaire Brown, CB 4 Star,  .9497 rating
  8. Kyion Graves, WR, 4 Star, .9408 rating
  9. Tegra Tshabola, OL, 4 Star, .9269
  10. Benji Gosnel, TE, 4 Star, .8958
  11. Bennett Christian, TE, 4 Star, .8925
  12. Ryan Turner, CB, 3 Star, .8899
  13. Kye Stokes, Ath, 3 Star, .8710

The top 6 are all national top 60, only two of which are WR, so recruiting overall is still looking pretty good.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

2022 commits from 247

Ohio State 2022 Football Commits (247sports.com)

1. Quinn Ewers, QB 5 Star, 1.0000 rating
  2. Jaheim Singletary, CB, 5 Star, .9918 rating
  3. CJ Hicks, LB, 5 Star, .9866 rating
  4. Caleb Burton, WR, 5 Star, .9836 rating
  5. Gabe Powers, LB, 4 Star, .9825 rating
  6. Kaleb Brown, WR, 4 Star, .9738 rating
  7. Jyaire Brown, CB 4 Star,  .9497 rating
  8. Kyion Graves, WR, 4 Star, .9408 rating
  9. Tegra Tshabola, OL, 4 Star, .9269
  10. Benji Gosnel, TE, 4 Star, .8958
  11. Bennett Christian, TE, 4 Star, .8925
  12. Ryan Turner, CB, 3 Star, .8899
  13. Kye Stokes, Ath, 3 Star, .8710

The top 6 are all national top 60, only two of which are WR, so recruiting overall is still looking pretty good.

Question, where does Ewers rank in terms of great QB recruits? He has a ton of hype and he is already listed as the highest ranked recruit in OSU history passing Pryor and Fields. How does he compare to guys like Lawrence and Luck coming out of high school?

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Question, where does Ewers rank in terms of great QB recruits? He has a ton of hype and he is already listed as the highest ranked recruit in OSU history passing Pryor and Fields. How does he compare to guys like Lawrence and Luck coming out of high school?

Just looked it up, the only other QB to ever have that rank out of high school (the 1.0000) was Vince Young

52 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Just looked it up, the only other QB to ever have that rank out of high school (the 1.0000) was Vince Young

1) So we are talking about something really special here. Similar to a Luck/Elway/Lawrence type prospect.

2) I had no idea Vince Young was that highly regarded lol He was a machine at TX though. I think I was too young to realize exactly how good he was at Texas at the time it was happening. I just knew he was a good QB.

He’s different then some of those guys. He’s a great passer but more unconventional in his delivery. Average size, average athleticism, pretty good arm. But the accuracy and overall ability is really good obviously. And with the WRs they are bringing right now, he will have no shortage of weapons. They just need to build up the lines on both sides right now. That was one of the separators in the Alabama game aside from the fact that OSU couldn’t cover anyone. They had some dudes wrecking the LOS on both sides. Future at QB sure looks good right now though. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NateDawg said:

He’s different then some of those guys. He’s a great passer but more unconventional in his delivery. Average size, average athleticism, pretty good arm. But the accuracy and overall ability is really good obviously. And with the WRs they are bringing right now, he will have no shortage of weapons. They just need to build up the lines on both sides right now. That was one of the separators in the Alabama game aside from the fact that OSU couldn’t cover anyone. They had some dudes wrecking the LOS on both sides. Future at QB sure looks good right now though. 

His accuracy and arm strength are so good for a damn Jr in HS. He does have a Phillip Riverseque delivery but whatever. He's going to be incredible for us. You're right about the future of our QBs. It looks excellent right now.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

JT arrived today just in time for stormy, hot muggy days. Hooray!!

This is massive. I can't wait. I am a bit worried though that he was projected to lean OSU for 2 years and in the last 3 months it seems like the momentum is swinging towards Alabama.

4 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

We'll see what type of juice we really have with this one. Plus I don't think there is a Bama edge defender in the NFL as good as either of the Bosas or Chase Young

Yeah...it comes down to Larry Johnson selling his previous work with DEs vs. Nick Saban selling the Alabama brand.

• Like 2