The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Ewers is thinking of skipping his SR season. Our QB room will be very full and very filled with talent of he enrolls early. Miller will definitely transfer. McCord or Stroud will also I'm guessing

It sounds like he’s doing it for NIL reasons with the Texas HS restrictions. He is supposedly on track to make 6 or even 7 figures with his social media and other potential sponsorships lined up. 

I don’t consider him much of a competitor for the job as starter in 2021 as good as he is. He should be a HS senior, will have no time in the offseason S&C program, and will be behind the others in learning the offense. 2022 could be a free for all though. This move definitely changes the makeup of the QB room or even the recruiting strategy the next couple years at the position. If he comes north they’d technically have 2 5* QBs in the 2021 class and nobody lined up for 2022. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NateDawg said:

It sounds like he’s doing it for NIL reasons with the Texas HS restrictions. He is supposedly on track to make 6 or even 7 figures with his social media and other potential sponsorships lined up. 

I don’t consider him much of a competitor for the job as starter in 2021 as good as he is. He should be a HS senior, will have no time in the offseason S&C program, and will be behind the others in learning the offense. 2022 could be a free for all though. This move definitely changes the makeup of the QB room or even the recruiting strategy the next couple years at the position. If he comes north they’d technically have 2 5* QBs in the 2021 class and nobody lined up for 2022. 

Nah, he won't do anything in 2021 assuming he shows up. W/ the coaching and training he can get this year, again potentially, he could really be ready in 2022 though which is why I suggested we'll see some people moving. Don't get me wrong either, I love the talent that Stroud, Miller, and McCord look like they can bring to the table but they're not on Ewers level so if we're going to lose some folks, I don't want it to be him. I just don't see any way Miller and crack the starting spot so he's simply depth. I wouldn't be shocked to see him go back to ASU or something like that in a year or two.

Good call on the vacancy left over also. Something I never considered and hopefully we can address that.

I’ll say it if no one else will:

NIL may be great for individuals. It’s also not only altering the college landscape, but the HS one will never be the same either. It’s a matter of time before parents start suing HS Coaches for lost compensation due to playing time.

• Like 3