The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

52 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

There’s no way Quinn will be ready and starting for us immediately.

However, I do like the idea of getting him into our facilities and him working on his body ASAP.

Agreed. He'll be challenging McCord and Stroud next year though. It will be very interesting to see how this plays out but it also leaves us w/ no QB in the 2022 class IIRC as someone brought up prior. If Quinn pans out and enrolls early, no reason to think he'll be here in more than 3 years. We might need to address this as well.

So did he get his GED or already have enough HS credits to graduate early?  I can't say I blame the kid, and it'll be an interesting test case on if this develops 5 star talent better vs playing their senior year in HS.  Like I said, I can't blame him, but that senior year in HS is something he can never get back.

• Like 2

On 8/2/2021 at 4:06 PM, THE DUKE said:

So did he get his GED or already have enough HS credits to graduate early?  I can't say I blame the kid, and it'll be an interesting test case on if this develops 5 star talent better vs playing their senior year in HS.  Like I said, I can't blame him, but that senior year in HS is something he can never get back.

I guess he took his final english credit over the summer. 

On 8/2/2021 at 3:48 PM, MSURacerDT55 said:

This is super interesting, I bet Day's approach is for him to treat this as a Redshirt year but if he progresses at the rate of his talent, he could be hard to keep him off the field late in the year. 

I could see this being like a Trevor Lawrence situation. Kelly sat behind Watson for 3yrs I believe. Becomes the starter and gets replaced by wk5 for Lawrence

On 8/2/2021 at 3:34 PM, brownie man said:

Yeah this is about to get crazy 

I don’t think I’ve ever heard of a kid enrolling this early I didn’t even know it was possible 

Ive seen it happen a few times for basketball. Feel like OSU basketball had a recruit do thst recently. 

Ewers is still pretty old. Believe he is already 18 and would be 19 before graduation. Believe he was held back a yesr for sports kind of deal

30 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Ive seen it happen a few times for basketball. Feel like OSU basketball had a recruit do thst recently. 

Ewers is still pretty old. Believe he is already 18 and would be 19 before graduation. Believe he was held back a yesr for sports kind of deal

Yeah I just found that out last night on the buckeye podcast. Makes a lot more sense. I hope kid wasn’t so hyped because he was more mature than everyone around him.  Seems like he’s legit