The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

8 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Pace has a walk-on son who is a freshman at OSU right now. 

If this kid is a legitimate recruit that they want, I imagine they would get him. But Ryan Day is not exactly Jim Tressel when it comes to giving legacy or Ohio recruits a scholarship unless it’s 100% warranted.

Very interesting about Pace's other son. Wasn't aware of that.

Glad Dat isn't like that as well. The legacy and seniority stuff was always so frustrating when better talent was sitting behind them.

7 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Feel like we’re sitting good if Oregon just trips up 1 more time.

I don’t see Wake Forest finishing undefeated. That would eliminate the PAC 12 and ACC winners.

Obviously we need to win out.

I don't think it matters if Oregon wins our unless they are doing it in as impressive of a fashion as Ohio State is.  It'd be super easy to chalk that loss in the 2nd week of the season up to the team figuring out it's identity after so much turnover.  If anything Oregon winning out would actually somewhat help Ohio State in bolstering the quality of their only loss.

I don't think anything matters besides us winning out. If that happens, we're getting a shot.

I'm still unsure about our D but, even though we've played less than stellar competition at best, our O looks like the best in the country. If we put up ~35 against PSU, I'm comfortable saying it's the best in the country.

Stroud looks great! Glad he got a night game under his belt before PSU bc ever since sitting out, he's been fantastic. I've been worried he'd get a little flustered with all the eyes on him but he was excellent tonight.

Given McCord and Miller are gone? PSU has that Allar kid so hopefully McCord doesn't go there and gets out of the conference.  

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

8 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I don't think anything matters besides us winning out. If that happens, we're getting a shot.

I'm still unsure about our D but, even though we've played less than stellar competition at best, our O looks like the best in the country. If we put up ~35 against PSU, I'm comfortable saying it's the best in the country.

Stroud looks great! Glad he got a night game under his belt before PSU bc ever since sitting out, he's been fantastic. I've been worried he'd get a little flustered with all the eyes on him but he was excellent tonight.

Given McCord and Miller are gone? PSU has that Allar kid so hopefully McCord doesn't go there and gets out of the conference.  

Starting to get ‘14 vibes from this team

• Like 2

Yeah, not the same level of defensive talent as we had in 2014. Their only chance this year of winning a championship is as has been done the last two years, by Alabama and LSU, where their offenses were just otherworldly and their defense was good enough. Remains to be seen, I think we will at least see them up against a good defense this week against Penn State, albeit the Penn State offense is nothing to write home about.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Yeah, not the same level of defensive talent as we had in 2014. Their only chance this year of winning a championship is as has been done the last two years, by Alabama and LSU, where their offenses were just otherworldly and their defense was good enough. Remains to be seen, I think we will at least see them up against a good defense this week against Penn State, albeit the Penn State offense is nothing to write home about.

We have the skill to do it. We just had such an inexperienced QB. Stroud Looks head and shoulders better than what he was vs Minny and Oregon and those weren’t that bad of games to begin with.

On 10/18/2021 at 2:04 PM, NateDawg said:

Pace has a walk-on son who is a freshman at OSU right now. 

If this kid is a legitimate recruit that they want, I imagine they would get him. But Ryan Day is not exactly Jim Tressel when it comes to giving legacy or Ohio recruits a scholarship unless it’s 100% warranted.

Yeah we never offered Luke Lachey and that already looks like it was probably a mistake