The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Barstool guy said USC bought one of our players and it should be announced in the near future. Will be interesting if it's true and who it will be. My guess is someone at the WR position b/c there's just so much talent you can keep on the bench.  Especially w/ the rumors that Addison got something like 50k a catch or something ridiculous like that

Julian Fleming would make the most sense.  All the USC fans are thinking they are getting Harrison, but I don't see that happening.  Hartline has MHJ primed to be a top 5-10 pick.  Egbuka has the #2 role on lock.  Fleming would make sense even without NIL shenanigans, of which i'm sure there are plenty.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Julian Fleming would make the most sense.  All the USC fans are thinking they are getting Harrison, but I don't see that happening.  Hartline has MHJ primed to be a top 5-10 pick.  Egbuka has the #2 role on lock.  Fleming would make sense even without NIL shenanigans, of which i'm sure there are plenty.

I agree w/ this as well. Only other person I could think of would be Ballard. 

Don't see any of the 2nd year guys leaving just yet b/c they know after this upcoming season, the door is wide open for them to get the starting roles. People are definitely losing their damn minds over it being Marvin even though he's said he's locked in. His HS teammate will probably be our QB next season. I swear, we have some really, really stupid fans.

Harbaugh is going to the pros now for sure. 

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/ncaa-slams-jim-harbaugh-michigan-football-multiple-violations-investigation-report?yptr=yahoo 

The team up north might get hit with as much as 4 level 2 violations and a level 1 violation. 

In case you want to know about violations and their levels - https://www.ncaa.org/news/2013/8/1/new-violation-structure-introduced.aspx

Michigan is gonna be our Bxtch-again!

MC

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

Wilson and Olave both go for over 1000 yards as rookies, the first time a pair of teammates from college have performed the feat as rookies.  If you're a top WR prospect, how do you say no to Hartline when comes recruiting?

Inniss and a couple others have said exactly this as well. This is why I'm confident Jeremiah Smith will remain committed even though he's a '24 guy and will have everyone in his ear up until NLI next December. As long as Hartline is here, I am confident we can get any WR in the country if they really do care about their future and not an early paycheck. Even if they just get coaching for 2 years and transfer elsewhere, it's still two years of valuable coaching. Hell, I wouldn't be shocked if Sam Wiglusz gets drafted this year after just being a walk-on. 

Hartline is probably the best position coach in the country and I'm not sure it's even close.

• Like 1

Assuming Eichenberg comes back, the defense should be better next year. They need to figure some things out on the back end though. You’d like to see them add at least another guy or so in the portal back there. Secondary basically should be replaced. Ultimately, next year’s team will be determined by how good the quarterback play is. We had some serious health issues this past season. That’s part of football, I know, but there was an unusual amount of losses there. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

We had some serious health issues this past season. That’s part of football, I know, but there was an unusual amount of losses there. 

I think I've seen that majority of the strength and conditioning team has left as well. I never played organized football but I'd like to think those guys might help our players stay healthy. Just not entirely sure how much of the blame can be put on them though. Injuries happen but maybe this is me being naive.

3 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Cade Stover back for 2023

I keep saying it 

I’m about 55% sure CJ is coming back 

especially now after the pick slots. Someone is going to trade up to 1 for Young and if you’re CJ you do not want to go to Houston at 2. They’re a horrible franchise. 

Come back and cement your legacy and get away from Houston. 

Also Kliff Kingsbury might be worth bringing in as an assistant with Wilson leaving. I think he’d be a fit to rehab his imagine and help with the passing game.