The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

On 2/19/2023 at 7:40 PM, candyman93 said:

We also play Texas in 2025.

So you want OSU to schedule Washington, Texas, and a new Big 10 schedule that includes USC

lol

I could see it being a logistics issue too. Do you really want to play 2 of 3 of those teams on the road. It would suck to travel to two of these three sites in one season, Texas, UCLA, and Washington. Just be curious of why it couldnt have been turned into single game series in '24. Maybe it was a way to leverage them into joining the big 10 since thats a rumor as well 

On 2/19/2023 at 7:45 PM, BobbyPhil1781 said:

The B1G is becoming a strong conference as well. The difficult OoC games aren't really needed as much any longer and could do more harm than good. Definitely helped OSU get into the CFP this year though and will certainly help their case next year if they can handle business in South Bend

I could see it going the other way. Depending what they want to do for the top seeds in the expanded playoffs. I could def see those OOC games turning into games that really helps you secure a better seeding later on. That you could still get a spot in the playoff if you take care of your conference

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Carnell Tate and Davison Igbinosun already lost their black stripes. Seems very early for a freshman like Tate to lose his. Davison looks solid in what I've seen already as well. Hopefully Knowles and Co can build a solid defense this year.

well they never get time or reps to show out. Tate is benefiting from all the top WR talent sitting out of the spring, so he is getting all the extra reps

• Like 1

5 hours ago, buno67 said:

well they never get time or reps to show out. Tate is benefiting from all the top WR talent sitting out of the spring, so he is getting all the extra reps

You're not wrong that he's benefitting from it but at the same time, if he's shown that much already, that's very far ahead of anyone supposedly has been. Saw something about this being the earliest a true freshman has lost the stripe but not sure of the timeframe. 

34 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Tate could push for WR4 or possibly WR3.  Odds are there is injury somewhere in the group as well.

What he's doing is extremely impressive and never been done before but I'm not so quick to overlook the '22 class and even Ballard who was getting scouts attention at our Pro Day. Think I heard Kaleb Brown got hurt again or maybe reaggravated his injury from last season which isn't ideal as he's the most promising out of the '22 class but there's a lot of potential there as well.

Man, I hope this commit sticks. He has family in Ohio so I think it will. He reminds me so much of Zeke the way he runs.

http://www.hudl.com/v/2K6Sek

This '24 offensive class is looking like it will be on fire to start. Jeremiah Smith has said as long as Hartline and Day are around, he's going nowhere which I believe. Already got a good amount of solid OL prospects committed and still looks like Seaton will be one we can get. Mylan Graham is basically all but committed and getting great news about Air Noland committing this Saturday. Obviously very early but the way this program pumps out first round QBs and WRs, I don't see any of them leaving although they'll certainly be heavily recruited by other programs until National Signing Day.

Again, it's early but we are about to go on an absolute terror on the recruiting scene. Jeremiah Smith is becoming one of our biggest recruiters also which makes me feel good about him sticking around. He's one of the best WR prospects I've ever seen and keeping him is of the upmost importance. 

On 4/3/2023 at 10:37 AM, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Man, I hope this commit sticks. He has family in Ohio so I think it will. He reminds me so much of Zeke the way he runs.

http://www.hudl.com/v/2K6Sek

I got good news, he isn’t going anywhere. I know his pops very well, he is originally from Cleveland,we played church league basketball together and he also started QB for three years at Cleveland Heights high school. He is a Buckeye through and through. He isn’t going anywhere

Edited by MSURacerDT55
  • Like 1

I also heard Day has been really getting after guys during the recent scrimmages, benching guys and all. This is probably the most encouraging thing I’ve heard all spring, I always believe having a healthy sense of fear/accountability in your building is always a good thing.

5 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I got good news, he isn’t going anywhere. I know his pops very well, he is originally from Cleveland,we played church league basketball together and he also started QB for three years at Cleveland Heights high school. He is a Buckeye through and through. He isn’t going anywhere

I saw in an interview, before he committed, he referred to Michigan as TTUN so I figured his ties were deep lol. Good stuff!! 

• Like 1

Got our '24 QB tonight with Air Noland. Lefty who has an amazingly quick release and has exceptional numbers. Looks like the real deal. 

Edit

Stat line from last season:

Noland's 2022 stat line: 73 percent completion, 4,095 pass yards, 55 TDs, four INTs, 15-0 record and a state title.

Edited by BobbyPhil1781
  • Like 1