The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

13 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Got our '24 QB tonight with Air Noland. Lefty who has an amazingly quick release and has exceptional numbers. Looks like the real deal. 

Edit

Stat line from last season:

Noland's 2022 stat line: 73 percent completion, 4,095 pass yards, 55 TDs, four INTs, 15-0 record and a state title.

I trust Day when it comes to evaluating and getting the most out of a QB

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

I trust Day when it comes to evaluating and getting the most out of a QB

Absolutely. Guy has his faults but his track record w/ QBs is pretty unmatched. The more I watch of this Noland kid, the more I like him. Seems to have a good head on his shoulders as well.

5 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Spring game note-

Carnell Tate looks fantastic as advertised.

Our WRs are going to EAT again.

Those '23 kids look legit!! We know the WRs are going to be a problem. Tate looks amazing and he's been on campus for 5 weeks. Rogers had the huge TD play as well. Not getting lost in this is Thurman. That guy will be a monster once he fills out a little bit and gets used to the game. Mathews Jr looked good as well. This class will be special. 

Two commitments today as well with LeBlanc and Williams-Dixon. Our '24 class just keeps getting better and better. An overwhelming amount of CBs for Scott and West look great as well. These kids are recruiting like crazy as well

• Like 1

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

How did McCord look?  With Brown's injury, I assume the job is his for sure now, even though he was the front runner.

The offensive line was leaking all over the place, so it was kind of hard to tell.
Burke looked like he did as a freshman. Hopefully he turns into a shutdown cornerback and isnt whatever he was last season.

I’m guessing the defense will be better than last season, to whatever degree, the offense will be a step back. It’s hard to duplicate what they had last year. They need to figure out the new offensive line. Hopefully the run game is good, there is no shortage of running backs who can play.

8 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

How did McCord look?  With Brown's injury, I assume the job is his for sure now, even though he was the front runner.

He was fine IMO. It's a practice. He missed some throws and made some good ones. No Marvin out there and if I'm not mistaken, 2 starting OL were out as well

7 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Are you even allowed to go crazy on an ATV without a few cold ones in your system?

I'm not worried about the law in this (although I've read you can get DUIs on your own property on random vehicles) as much as I am what OSU will do about it. I feel they know he's very important to the future of the program but will it matter? I dunno.... Suck I have to even think about it.

Ultimately just glad everyone is OK. 

On 4/17/2023 at 8:11 AM, THE DUKE said:

yep. it is his for sure now.. like when Joey B hurt his hand and didn't get his chance with our Bucks... sucks for Brown but thats life.. 

55 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

yep. it is his for sure now.. like when Joey B hurt his hand and didn't get his chance with our Bucks... sucks for Brown but thats life.. 

Good thing is Brown has said he's going nowhere even afterwards. I trust him as well. Really need a solid backup and Brown looks very good. In a perfect world, McCord does well, goes into the draft, then we have a year with Brown as well while Keinholz gets ready. That kid is an insane athlete if no one is aware. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm a little nervous that McCord wasn't able to run away with the QB job after the Devin Brown injury.  Perhaps it's all much ado about nothing and either one will have a great year with the insane weapons the team has, but uncertainty is just that, uncertain.

• Like 1