The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

3 hours ago, buno67 said:

I don't know about that. Haskins could have the most talented arm out of any QB but who knows how well he can truly play tho. 

I remember Justin Swzick(sp?) looking amazing in HS and during spring ball and once he got into the games he was just awful

Zwick

thanks for reminding me of that doufus 

lol

Edited by malibuspeedrace

It remains to be seen if JT can take an offense to the next level. When the run isn't there, against a great defense, can they rely on his arm? I have my doubts. He's the safest choice as far as being in the offense, but can he win with his arm when they need it?  Hopefully he's made huge improvements. I'm tired of hearing about his ability to throw without seeing it with my eyes.

I hate we're opening on the road in the conference. Weird it's on a Thursday also but at least it gives us 10 days to prepare for OU. I  think since we have so much time between games that Urban won't allow people to look ahead to the following game. I would still like a cupcake to get the kinks out before our first major match-up but it is what it is. I feel we'll  be ready but w/ Wilson's first game, it does have me a little on edge. Looking forward to getting back into it though.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, candyman93 said:

That game angered me. VA Tech played out of their talent level and OSU crapped the bed.

Poor @NateDawg. That was the only game that he was able to go to that year, and that was his wife's first ever OSU game. He bought tickets about 2 weeks before it was announced that Braxton Miller was out for the year. It's hard to get upset when your team goes on to win a National Title though.

44 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Poor @NateDawg. That was the only game that he was able to go to that year, and that was his wife's first ever OSU game. He bought tickets about 2 weeks before it was announced that Braxton Miller was out for the year. It's hard to get upset when your team goes on to win a National Title though.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane. Probably one of the more expensive tickets on the season as well.

On 8/23/2017 at 11:15 AM, THE DUKE said:

Sounds like Brandon Bowen has emerged as the front runner for the starting spot at RG.  The Bucks line this year is HUGE

LT: Jamarco Jones, 6'5" 310 lbs, SR
LG: Michael Jordan, 6'7" 310 lbs, SO
C: Billy Price, 6'4" 312 lbs, SR
RG: Brandon Bowen, 6'7" 312 lbs, RS-SO
RT: Isaiah Prince, 6'7" 310 lbs, JR

No one below 310 lbs and even the top reserves are large in Malcolm Pridgeon (6'7" 315 JR), Matt Burrell (6'3" 300 lbs RS-SO), and Thayer Munford is supposedly emerging as the top candidate to back up both tackle spots (6'6" 325 lbs) with highly touted freshmen Josh Myers (6'5" 305 lbs FR) and Wyatt Davis (6'4" 310 lbs) likely going to be interior linemen in the future.  A big question for next year is if the Bucks land top prospect Jackson Carmen, does he start as a true freshman or do they bump Michael Jordan out to LT and have one of Myers/Davis take over at LG?  Or does Davis possibly take over at C next year once Price graduates?  I doubt they continue the past couple year tradition of moving a G inside to C with both Jordan and Bowen being 6'7".  Be it at G or T there is a solid chance 2018 is the last year for Jordan with his size and athleticism as a 3 year starter at Ohio State he will likely be a high draft choice. 

Bowen was in fact named a starter against Indiana.