The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I'd bet good money Smith will be moved to a TE almost immediately his freshman year.

I dont know about that. If he can stay around 6'5/6'6, with his ability, he could be a mike evans type WR. If he starts flirting with 6'7 TE might be the best thing for him. Be a Jimmy Graham type of TE

I like Mack and Dixon starting. I've been hoping for Mixon to produce as our deep threat since he got there and it's good to see Mack earning the starting job at the time in which he's supposed to.  

I should be going to the Oklahoma game it's gonna be awesome  but Im really excited to see Wilson's revenge offense this Thursday. 

4 hours ago, brownie man said:

I like Mack and Dixon starting. I've been hoping for Mixon to produce as our deep threat since he got there and it's good to see Mack earning the starting job at the time in which he's supposed to.  

I should be going to the Oklahoma game it's gonna be awesome  but Im really excited to see Wilson's revenge offense this Thursday. 

I think opening up with IU is prefect for them. With the Wilson connection its going to force the team to focus on IU and not look ahead and then we get to see what Wilson looks like going in for the kill in his first game ever with the Bucks

On 8/28/2017 at 4:05 PM, JTagg7754 said:

I don't know how good Indiana is supposed to be but I hope we don't tip our hands too much w/ one of our biggest games of the year 10 days after.

Ideally you'd like to see a dominant half of football and see reserves like Haskins get some PT. The Weber hamstring thing could be interesting. Those hammies typically need some time to heal. You want him to get some action this week to stay fresh but also not have a setback. If Weber were to miss time, I like what we may have in Dobbins. However, there's not true running back depth behind him, since McCall's a tweeter. I'm excited to see some JK Dobbins though. 

IU has given us a decent fight in the recent past. We should win, and I hope decisively, but that's not always the case. I do hope JT has learned some semblance of how to play QB this off-season. Under him, we've learned that an unbalanced offense only gets you so far.

45 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Ideally you'd like to see a dominant half of football and see reserves like Haskins get some PT. The Weber hamstring thing could be interesting. Those hammies typically need some time to heal. You want him to get some action this week to stay fresh but also not have a setback. If Weber were to miss time, I like what we may have in Dobbins. However, there's not true running back depth behind him, since McCall's a tweeter. I'm excited to see some JK Dobbins though. 

IU has given us a decent fight in the recent past. We should win, and I hope decisively, but that's not always the case. I do hope JT has learned some semblance of how to play QB this off-season. Under him, we've learned that an unbalanced offense only gets you so far.

I think Weber should be fine. The coaches were said to be cautions with him during camp to make sure he was 100% ready for camp. If something happens to Weber I do like a combo of Dobbins and Williams with a change of pace in McCall.

Do you know why IU was able to put up a decent fight in the past? Kevin Wilson! Now he is on our side. 

I agree, Nate. RE: Weber, he better get that fixed up soon b/c I have a feeling once Dobbins gets the touches, he's going to take that starting spot. I think this kid is going to be very good! Obviously I want to see Haskins get some game reps also. Very badly. Spread is 22 but I left it alone lol. 

Here's hoping that next week we see the 2nd half offensive rhythm we saw tonight and not the 1st half rhythm. Can't have open drops, predictable play calling, and errant passes. The second half was executed well.

Our run defense and pass rush has things on lockdown. The secondary is somewhat of a concern though. All of IUs passing success was on 3 step drops because of their respect for OSU pressure. They still had lots of success through the air. Ward is ready and should be excellent. I have mixed feelings about Arnette and Sheffield to this point. That might change.

Not to be Debbie Downer here, but I saw a lot of things that flat out scare me as a B1G contender, let alone a Playoff/National Title team:

1. J.T. Barrett still doesn't throw WR's open with any anticipation whatsoever. He's scared to make throws downfield unless it's a wide open vertical route. Watching him try to throw 20+ yards downfield on middle routes/smash/corner routes is flat out embarrassing. Get ready for more of the same with him this year Buckeye fans. He's a Chris Leak Hall of Famer (A kid who starts out GREAT as a freshman, never improves, plateaus, and "is what he is" by the time he's a senior). Couple that with his extremely slow delivery and inability to make anything close to resembling an NFL throw on the outside of the field on comebacks/out routes and it's going to be a frustrating season throwing the ball, especially when this team faces elite competition.

2. Their secondary looked bad last night and is a huge concern going into Oklahoma next week vs. arguably the best QB/player that they will face this year. If it were a Week 7-9 matchup, I'd feel more confident as they are talented but very young.

3. Their OL looked sluggish the first half. They turned it on after that, but I'm still a little irritated here.

4. Parris Campbell infuriates me. He drops wide open balls in the endzone but then you understand why the coaches keep giving him endless chances when he catches a drag and then proceeds to turn on the afterburners en route to a TD.

• Like 1