The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

Who cares. Tate looks damn good as well. Hopefully he can be our tOSU baker. Can he please plant a flag in happy Valley and AA

Haskins is on another level. Besides, that was more in reference to last year. I know you’re a big JT guy and thought Martell should be the starter. Haskins should be at the top of early season Heisman conversation.

Defensively, much better today. Obviously, crap opponent, so there’s that. But 579 to 134 in total yards, a couple more turnovers forced, and much cleaner performance as a whole. Borland and Fuller back in there helped quite a bit. Browning was still lost out there in the middle when he was out there, but he should get better through experience over time. Think he will ultimately fit better on the outside. Bosa and Young on the same field at DE isn’t really fair. They’re basically unblockable. Best chance for an athletic offense might be just to let those guys get upfield after the QB and dump screen passes. 

TCU may or may not be a test. It’s basically an away game against a top 10-15 team. That’s a coaching staff that always shows up ready to go. I think a clean offensive performance though should put us way out in front though. Right now, it looks like TCU and PSU weeks 3/5 are our big games on schedule. I expect some challenges. Next week could go a long ways towards seeing what type of team we have though.

10 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Haskins is on another level. Besides, that was more in reference to last year. I know you’re a big JT guy and thought Martell should be the starter. Haskins should be at the top of early season Heisman conversation.

yeah I was a big JTB guy. I think his leadership was huge. With Haskins or not, last year, would have been the same. I just dont think Haskin would have been ready. Like If Haskins was the QB, tOSU beats Iowa but I believe they lose to PSU.  I never thought Martell should have been the starter, I just thought if you are a 5* guy, they should be given a shot to compete for the starting job. So I was never ready to name Haskins the starter right away.  Also thought Martell might have had the skill set Day and Meyer might like. Meyer loves those mobile guys and Day learned a lot from Chip Kelly. Everyone hyped Martell as the best option read QB prospect Urbz ever landed. I just wasnt sold on Haskin and what he did to michigan because I have always taken what a QB does coming in for an injury for a grain of salt. Michigan was prepared for a run first QB so they were caught off guard by Haskins. Those were my thoughts and my feelings. I was never surprised that Haskins won tho. I am surprised how great he has played. Looks like no learning curve. Only thing that sucks is, he might be a one year wonder but it wont hurt because they do have a stud in Martell waiting. Passing game looks unreal right now and all those WRs made the right decision. It be great to see Haskins and WIlson next year but I could settle for a Martell and Wilson connection. Yeah Haskins is def going to be in the Heisman light if they dont stumble. If he has a good game vs TCU, he will be the leader right out of the gate. 

On 9/9/2018 at 1:01 AM, NateDawg said:

Defensively, much better today. Obviously, crap opponent, so there’s that. But 579 to 134 in total yards, a couple more turnovers forced, and much cleaner performance as a whole. Borland and Fuller back in there helped quite a bit. Browning was still lost out there in the middle when he was out there, but he should get better through experience over time. Think he will ultimately fit better on the outside. Bosa and Young on the same field at DE isn’t really fair. They’re basically unblockable. Best chance for an athletic offense might be just to let those guys get upfield after the QB and dump screen passes. 

TCU may or may not be a test. It’s basically an away game against a top 10-15 team. That’s a coaching staff that always shows up ready to go. I think a clean offensive performance though should put us way out in front though. Right now, it looks like TCU and PSU weeks 3/5 are our big games on schedule. I expect some challenges. Next week could go a long ways towards seeing what type of team we have though.

I hope our defense continues to improve. If it does not like you said TCU will be a test.

I love football season! The work week seems to fly by!!!

That is all

Mastercheddaar

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 8:58 AM, JTagg7754 said:

Looks like we're a 12.5 point favorite to start the week out.  After seeing a massive defensive improvement, I feel very confident going into this game even w/o Urban coaching during.

I think they're going to be as prepared as they can be. From what I've read on TCU, they bring a very unique and varying defensive scheme, the likes of which Haskins has not faced. This is going to be a huge game for Dwayne. If he balls out, he's gotta be a serious contender in the Heisman conversation. I am still not convinced he's what some think he is. I want to believe it, but I need to see it against a top tier team like TCU. And I'm looking for consistency. He made a couple of remarkable throws last year against Michigan, but Cardale made a few great ones in our time of need, and then practically crapped the bed the following season. Can Haskins thread the needle through tight windows? We'll see, I'm cautiously optimistic.

Defensively for OSU, they'll be going up against a dual threat who has an uncanny ability to extend plays. DB's are going to have to stay with their guys for extensive periods, while Bosa and Young are wrecking TCU's OT's. Again, I feel good about OSU's matchup here as well, but these kind of games can be tricky to make an accurate prediction, so I will continue to hope for the best but be ready for the worst.