The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

Huge win last night. Haskins proved that he can make big time throws. I'm a little disappointed in Austin Mack, I'm not sure what got into him after starting off with an incredible catch. I loved that Haskins told him he's gonna keep throwing his way. That's maturity.

And how about the defense stepping up after Bosa's injury? That was incredibly encouraging.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Huge win last night. Haskins proved that he can make big time throws. I'm a little disappointed in Austin Mack, I'm not sure what got into him after starting off with an incredible catch. I loved that Haskins told him he's gonna keep throwing his way. That's maturity.

And how about the defense stepping up after Bosa's injury? That was incredibly encouraging.

Well not having Bosa really threw TCU for a loop. Game plan all week to scheme against him and after a half he is gone and they had no idea how to stop anyone else. It’s like they barely watched any tape on Dre. 

Great win by Ohio State yesturday.

Even though it's only been 3 games, every time Haskins drops back to pass, I have this wierd confidence in him that he is going to complete the pass.  I never had that when it came to Barrett/Braxton/Pryor.  It's a really good feeling to have and I'm excited to see how he does the rest if the season.  I think he could become something special. 

I'm worried about the defense.  They've given up way too many yards.  The safties and LB play has been inconsistent at best.  I'd like to see them try Shaun Wade at safety and I'm hoping that the LB's get more disciplined with their assignments. 

Looking forward to the rest of the season.

Peace!!!

2 hours ago, cortes02 said:

Even though it's only been 3 games, every time Haskins drops back to pass, I have this wierd confidence in him that he is going to complete the pass.  I never had that when it came to Barrett/Braxton/Pryor.  It's a really good feeling to have and I'm excited to see how he does the rest if the season.  I think he could become something special. 

I'm worried about the defense.  They've given up way too many yards.  The safties and LB play has been inconsistent at best.  I'd like to see them try Shaun Wade at safety and I'm hoping that the LB's get more disciplined with their assignments. 

Peace!!!

Agreed about the defense. They turned it up in the 2nd half but there are still some holes. Right now it’s a good defense but not a championship one. They need to figure something out at FS. Linebacker play has also been un-Ohio Statelike. Borland seems to be the only guy that knows what to do on a given play, and he’s the most athletically limited. Malik Harrison gets clobbered on running plays. 

I’ll feel good about where we are if we can get through PSU. 

Offensively, no huge concerns. If anything, with Day going back to coordinating and no more HC duties, you’d think it could only get better. TCU gameplanned really well early on. Give them credit. Eventually, a couple adjustments were made, and we got things going. Haskins is fun to watch. Enjoy it while he’s around here.

2 hours ago, cortes02 said:

Peace!!!

Nah, Wade looks like a complete stud in the making at Corner. Best part is they wont see an offense as good as TCU until the CFP, if they make it that far. Watching the game, it felt like I was seeing different schemes and plays from the defense than the previous 2 games. Almost like they were sandbagging the first two games and just played those two games by being athletes