The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

20 hours ago, buno67 said:

Treat it like the USC days. Have Bush/Dobbins run lose to tire the defense out. Bring in White/Weber to destroy their souls

This is exactly how I envision it. Dobbins performed far too well last week to not get touches and IMO, the majority of them. I hope he stays healthy all year.

17 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

This is exactly how I envision it. Dobbins performed far too well last week to not get touches and IMO, the majority of them. I hope he stays healthy all year.

I don't know about the majority. Weber had a great year last year. I just want to see him punishing defenders, but also see if he has the ability to break the big one. Just seemed like last year he was so close to breaking the big run or either lost balance, got barely tripped, or something along those lines. He had a 6ypc stat, scary part is it should of been higher with a couple bigger runs he should of had. Him and dobbins should be a great combo

The thing is Dobbins seems to be able to punish as well as break away.  He was also much better in pass protection than I expected he would be as a freshman.  I think Dobbins could end up having a Zeke caliber of career, though I definitely don't think he's as good as Zeke overall.

Zeke really didn't break out until end of his sophomore year. Not to say that Dobbins will be Zeke, but he's shown more early on than Elliott did. If he's even close to Zeke as he develops, you have to be happy with that. He was a consensus top 3 RB in the league as a 22 year old.

5 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Start getting Okudah and Wade in more.  Arnette is never happening. 

Agreed completely. 7 yard cushions on 3rd and 2. He's dreadful. Just abused out there. Really, their secondary as a whole has been awful. Wish they'd stop being loyal and just play the right guys. I'm looking at you JT. Give the next guys a chance. You know what we have in some of these starters. And, it's not good.

19 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

This just isn't a good team. We won't be until JT never wears a uniform again. We don't win the national championship with him starting in 2015.

I think it would've been possible to win with him, we had some amazing WRs and he was willing to let it fly that year, the past few years... not so much.

Barrett has to go. Not exactly a lost season, but we need to groom someone to step up when we can compete for a championship. With the talent we have coming up we have a long window to compete if this thing is done right. Come on urbz now is the time. Go Haskins martell don't care, even though I really like Emory jones.