The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

Haskins is legit. Best QB I’ve seen OSU have, period. Have to believe the Heisman at this point will be decided between he and Tua. Could depend on how the teams fare in the home stretch. Haskins threw for 300+ and 5 TDs in one half of play, with relative ease. 

PSU next week on the road at night will be a huge challenge. If we can escape that one, I don’t see too many trap games on the schedule. We’re pretty clearly the better team, but that’s always a coinflip environment. Also playing without the best defender in America, so that can’t help. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Haskins is legit. Best QB I’ve seen OSU have, period. Have to believe the Heisman at this point will be decided between he and Tua. Could depend on how the teams fare in the home stretch. Haskins threw for 300+ and 5 TDs in one half of play, with relative ease. 

PSU next week on the road at night will be a huge challenge. If we can escape that one, I don’t see too many trap games on the schedule. We’re pretty clearly the better team, but that’s always a coinflip environment. Also playing without the best defender in America, so that can’t help. 

Haskins is not getting as much hype as I think he's earned in the Heisman talk. At this point, I firmly believe he should be second behind Tua. At the same time, I don't think anyone can stop Tua but himself. He's on another level right now, but nobody is closer than Dwayne, IMO. That deep ball to Campbell for the TD was absolutely flawless, and the back shoulder ball to Mack was tasty. I've never witnessed a passer this consistently brilliant in the Scarlet and Gray, though I'd still like to see it continue before deeming him the best QB in recent Buckeye history, but he's on that track for sure.

As for Penn State, some stats for ya'll:

• Week 1 vs. App State
    • Yds allowed: 451 (159 Rushing, 4.3 per attempt)
  • Week 2 vs. Pitt
    • Yds allowed: 390 (211 rushing, 6.4 per attempt)
  • Week 3 vs. Kent St
    • Yds allowed: 221 (41 rushing on 37 attempts, 1.1 per attempt)
  • Week 4 vs. Illinois
    • Yds allowed: 411 (245 rushing, 5.4 per attempt)

My point: Kent State aside, this defense has allowed some pretty ridiculous rushing stats against some pretty ridiculously mediocre squads. Considering Haskins' passing capabilities and subsequent effect on spreading out the defense, I have extremely high hopes for OSU's rushing attack being a major factor in this one. 

Not having Bosa will certainly hurt, we've gotta contain McSorley, and I have no doubt they'll be in search of redemption after last season. 

I like our chances, but I'm not ready to make any guarantees in a hostile environment like Happy Valley.

Edited by MistaBohmbastic

12 hours ago, NateDawg said:

IDK, Joe Germaine was damn good so was SMith

3 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Scared to death about PSU, they might just max protect and exploit our LBs and DBs. But our offense will win it for us

To max protect, they will need to take out at least one or two receiving threats. If thats the case, you can run a hard zone or bracket the pass catchers.

• Like 1

On 9/23/2018 at 12:19 AM, NateDawg said:

Only one I can see would be Maryland perhaps. It is sandwiched between both teams up north. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

• Like 1