The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

I'_ getting a little bit tired of the fans who are not expecting to win this ga_e.

We have nothing to prove. We have e_barrassed the_ for years. We are the _onkeys on their backs. 

They are playing a rivalry ga_e at the shoe. They have really beat no one special this whole season. They do not i_press _e. 

GO BUCKS! 

http://howmanydayssincemichiganhasbeatenohiostate.com/

2550 days and counting. 

Mastercheddaar

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Against weak opponents, AKA the "Hype train"

Perhaps, but we have played subpar football against weak opponents. What does that make us?

They also absolutely destroyed Penn State, beat a ranked Northwestern team (I smirked typing it too), and played an undefeated Notre Dame team tough in Week 1.

25 minutes ago, Raves said:

Which is fine, empower him to run if there is nothing there, the pocket is collapsing and he sees an opening, or better yet, run some bootlegs so that they are moving the pocket as he's not bad throwing on the run, but designed runs are just bad as that's not the type of player he is.

True but Since they had him start running the ball a little more, the rushing attack had improved greatly. It has forced the DEs from completely crashing in and forcing them to stay home and read. 

16 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Perhaps, but we have played subpar football against weak opponents. What does that make us?

They also absolutely destroyed Penn State, beat a ranked Northwestern team (I smirked typing it too), and played an undefeated Notre Dame team tough in Week 1.

We are underperfor_ing and they are overperfor_ing?

That is all

_astercheddaar

9 minutes ago, buno67 said:

True but Since they had him start running the ball a little more, the rushing attack had improved greatly. It has forced the DEs from completely crashing in and forcing them to stay home and read. 

I guess it works for now.  Obviously it's too late in the year to put it into play long term, but I think implementing it for next year if they keep Haskins as the starter should be their priority.  If they don't want to keep him as the starter and want to go with the more run heavy QB option in Martell, I hope they tell him early enough so he can transfer if he wants to as he's going to be a special NFL QB and deserves a starting spot somewhere next year.  Heck I would possibly even consider drafting Haskins at the end of the 1st/beginning of the 2nd this year if I'm a team like the Saints/Pats/Steelers that will need a QB sooner rather than later but have an established starter for the next 1-2 years so Haskins can develop more.

3 minutes ago, Raves said:

I guess it works for now.  Obviously it's too late in the year to put it into play long term, but I think implementing it for next year if they keep Haskins as the starter should be their priority.  If they don't want to keep him as the starter and want to go with the more run heavy QB option in Martell, I hope they tell him early enough so he can transfer if he wants to as he's going to be a special NFL QB and deserves a starting spot somewhere next year.  Heck I would possibly even consider drafting Haskins at the end of the 1st/beginning of the 2nd this year if I'm a team like the Saints/Pats/Steelers that will need a QB sooner rather than later but have an established starter for the next 1-2 years so Haskins can develop more.

Thing that worries me about Haskins as a pro is his struggles vs pressure. If you got two years worth of tape you could properly evaluate him and see if he got better or worse form yr1 to yr2. He has the potential tho to be a stud. 

I hope he declares because I think Martell is better for the offense (if Meyer stays on as HC). He isn’t the better pure QB but for Meyers Idea and concepts for his offense, Martell is the better fit. 

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

Thing that worries me about Haskins as a pro is his struggles vs pressure. If you got two years worth of tape you could properly evaluate him and see if he got better or worse form yr1 to yr2. He has the potential tho to be a stud. 

I hope he declares because I think Martell is better for the offense (if Meyer stays on as HC). He isn’t the better pure QB but for Meyers Idea and concepts for his offense, Martell is the better fit. 

I think the pressure is something you develop, but with his pure ability, and a coaching staff that can help put him in a better position to succeed, such as developing the offense around bootlegs if need be, better OL protection schemes etc, I think he would do well.  Part of the pressure is that without a running QB the offense is too simple as Meyer just isn't great with the spread them out and sling it offense like the Pats and Saints run.  If Haskins stays and is going to be the starter next year, Meyer needs to reach out to Sean Payton and get a clinic on how to build an offense for someone like Haskins.

I do agree that based on how Meyer wants to run the offense, Martell is the better QB for the offense, but Haskins is the better pure QB/prospect by far.  If he declares I could see a team taking the chance on him, even with his struggles with pressure, knowing that he has all the tools to succeed and he wasn't/wouldn't get the right coaching/development in the Meyer system.

LBs playing their gaps today was huge. That was the difference on defense. Completely shut down their offense and they didn't have an answer. There were a couple big f ups by the LBs that lead to points and a 20+ yard run. But there was a lot less of it today than there has been.

If they can do that going forward, this defense looks a helluva lot better and can probably play with anyone.

Just now, candyman93 said:

OSU has beaten MUCH better teams than Oklahoma. Oklahoma has beaten 1 ranked team all year except West Virginia last night.

However, OSU has the much worse loss.

If we can stomp Northwestern, we're the hotter team. That's gotta sway playoff voters.