Dolphins to sign Albert Wilson

goldfishwars

4 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Guaranteed money not announced, terrible deal. Got it

To be fair, though - Tannebaum has just over 20M to rebuild his team.   At 3 years / 24M, there's going to be at least 1/3 of that, if not half that's guaranteed, if it's announced this early.  

It's just a bad allocation of resources given that WR is one area where MIA has already invested in heavily, and really, needs to see what they have in guys like Carroo and Grant.   This just pushes them down the pecking order and leaves less money for other areas of need.

Now, if you think Wilson is going to emerge as the next big thing, then maybe it's a chance to find a bargain early.   But man, I dunno.  If I'm spending $ on a WR, it's for a guy like Cam Meredith or Donte Moncrief, because their ceiling is that high...I don't know that Wilson has that in him.     Those other guys may be no better than Wilson, or even worse - but they have the potential to make a deal like this an absolute steal.  That's the kind of deal Tannebaum needs to make to justify taking WR over his many other roster needs.     I don't see that with Wilson.  It's not like he's the missing piece.

36 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

It's just a bad allocation of resources given that WR is one area where MIA has already invested in heavily, and really, needs to see what they have in guys like Carroo and Grant.

Their plan at WR has failed, though. Landry is gone. DeVante Parker is made of glass and soft as triple-ply and may well be out after 2018. Carroo has 10 receptions in 32 games (not saying he is a lost cause, but he hasn't bit much as a pup).

Grant I am low-key excited about but the numbers heavily suggest he is a perimeter WR. Stills is a good piece to have and his contract is more than reasonable with easy outs.

The Dolphins had a need at WR, particularly slot WR. They also need a TE, LG, RT, LB.. but WR was certainly a need for now and 2019.

Archived