Weston Richburg to sign 5 year deal

NcFinest9erFan

1 minute ago, Forge said:

This will make me feel better about having a decent interior offensive line if we keep him at center. I hated the idea of moving him to guard. 

Hopefully next few days they can confirm he will he playing center.

35 minutes ago, Forge said:

As a player, I would love the fit at center. The signing does leave me slightly baffled, and not at all convinced that we will have a good interior offensive line next season, unfortunately. 

Maybe a miracle happens, and we get Nelson.

Just now, PapaShogun said:

Maybe a miracle happens, and we get Nelson.

Well, I don't want to make it seem like I'm not happy with Richburg, because I am, especially now that I know a little of the backstory. He was on the short list of competent free agent interior linemen. My issue is that the idea of Kilgore / Garnett at guard doesn't inspire confidence. With Tomlinson still in the fold, I don't know that we make a push for another guard like Pugh or anything. 

I'd be really curious to see how Richburg does in short yardage - I don't know enough to say how he is, but that's honestly my biggest concern here. 

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Wow. Nice to log on to this news.  A couple months ago when I was looking at FA o-line guys I narrowed it down to Pugh and Richburg. I settled on Pugh because I thought we needed a G, who could back up at OT in a pinch, more than a C/G. But I like Richburg. If healthy I think he's better than Kilgore, but I don't know how good he is at G.  Both he and Kilgore can play either spot so it will be interesting to see how this shakes out.

I'm a fan of this signing. Was a fan of his coming out of college but haven't followed him at all since then. Hope we play him at center. I think people underestimate the importance of a good center.

Fun fact: Besides Quarterback, no one position moves the Vegas lines more significantly  than a center getting injured. 

1 hour ago, Uncle_Rico said:

I'm a fan of this signing. Was a fan of his coming out of college but haven't followed him at all since then. Hope we play him at center. I think people underestimate the importance of a good center.

Fun fact: Besides Quarterback, no one position moves the Vegas lines more significantly  than a center getting injured. 

Well, now that is something I had never heard. Interesting indeed.

Archived