Weston Richburg to sign 5 year deal

NcFinest9erFan

Just now, NcFinest9erFan said:

hmm guess he's the new center?

Well, that leaves Tomlinson and Garnett at the guards for now. If he's the Center over Kilgore, many of us will be happy. But I think with who's currently on the team, we've gotta see Richburg at LG, Kilgore at C, and then Tomlinson/Garnett at RG. But I will be very happy if we're not done on the interior.

This was posted in the news forum by @bzane

Quick and deft undersized, under-powered center; looked like a future Pro-Bowler his first season at center (rookie year played guard out of necessity); soon became apparent that he couldn't handle big DT's directly over the top of him, and got zero push in the running game. Good technical blocker but not exactly Travis Frederick. Tactlessly criticized other O-linemen on his team for not having attended The LeCharles Bentley School For Diet, O-Line Technique, and Lack Of P.C.- yet his own performance was disappointing.

3 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Well, that leaves Tomlinson and Garnett at the guards for now. If he's the Center over Kilgore, many of us will be happy. But I think with who's currently on the team, we've gotta see Richburg at LG, Kilgore at C, and then Tomlinson/Garnett at RG. But I will be very happy if we're not done on the interior.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kilgore starts at guard this year. He's smart enough to make a smooth transition. Would still be average (or slightly below average). A Garnett-Tomlinson-Kilgore competition at guard wouldn't be terrible, but I sure hope we upgrade at least one of the guard spots.

Just now, struby3 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Kilgore starts at guard this year. He's smart enough to make a smooth transition. Would still be average (or slightly below average). A Garnett-Tomlinson-Kilgore competition at guard wouldn't be terrible, but I sure hope we upgrade at least one of the guard spots.

I thought of Kilgore at guard, too. He was drafted as a guard. But he hasn't played there since like 2011. Ideally, we get another interior lineman who can start, and then we let Kilgore/Tomlinson/Garnett battle it out to see who is the 5th startling lineman, regardless of where. 

Archived