49ers sign Weston Richburg

49erurtaza

Quick and deft undersized, under-powered center; looked like a future Pro-Bowler his first season at center (rookie year played guard out of necessity); soon became apparent that he couldn't handle big DT's directly over the top of him, and got zero push in the running game. Good technical blocker but not exactly Travis Frederick. Tactlessly criticized other O-linemen on his team for not having attended The LeCharles Bentley School For Diet, O-Line Technique, and Lack Of P.C.- yet his own performance was disappointing.

Image result for Weston Richburg

1 minute ago, bzane said:

Quick and deft undersized, under-powered center; looked like a future Pro-Bowler his first season at center (rookie year played guard out of necessity); soon became apparent that he couldn't handle big DT's directly over the top of him, and got zero push in the running game. Good technical blocker but not exactly Travis Frederick. Tactlessly criticized other O-linemen on his team for not having attended The LeCharles Bentley School For Diet, O-Line Technique, and Lack Of P.C.- yet his own performance was disappointing.

Image result for Weston Richburg

Good to know that you will share this in the 49ers forum

4 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:

Give him better guards and you've got a great center.  I loved this kid coming out of college and with a team dedicated to making the line better, you'll see a much improved center.

Well. we don't have good guards at the moment. That is unless Garnett after reshaping his body becomes a legitimate player which he was not in his rookie season. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

?? Aside from last season, he's been pretty healthy no? Played 15 games in 2015, and all 17 games (Inc WC) in 2016.

Actually, you're right...I thought he had missed a lot more than that. I thought he had only played like 1 full season before. I take that back...but now I'm sad because I thought it was an amusing comment that no longer applies 

Archived