49ers sign Weston Richburg

49erurtaza

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Well. we don't have good guards at the moment. That is unless Garnett after reshaping his body becomes a legitimate player which he was not in his rookie season. 

That's better than what we had at RG.  Also, Pugh played pretty poorly last year, imo.

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

Actually, you're right...I thought he had missed a lot more than that. I thought he had only played like 1 full season before. I take that back...but now I'm sad because I thought it was an amusing comment that no longer applies 

Get back in your corner.

25 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

?? Aside from last season, he's been pretty healthy no? Played 15 games in 2015, and all 17 games (Inc WC) in 2016.

And last year he should have only missed a few games, not put on IR. Our coaching staff was absolutely inept, demoted him and did him dirty. When he voiced his displeasure about it, we IR'd him. Realistically injury would have only kept him out of about 4 games. He's healthy. 

6 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

And last year he should have only missed a few games, not put on IR. Our coaching staff was absolutely inept, demoted him and did him dirty. When he voiced his displeasure about it, we IR'd him. Realistically injury would have only kept him out of about 4 games. He's healthy. 

Thank you for making me feel better. 

27 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Fusco is pretty solid if we re-sign him but sounds like he is a good fit with Shanny's system. 

I don't think we are in line to re-sign Fusco. Still have Beadles, Tomlinson, Magnuson all along the interior. Honestly, we could be done adding interior line help at this point outside of maybe the draft. 

1 minute ago, Gmen said:

It’s been said, but he needs to gain weight and strength.  It hit me how undersized he was after seeing the madden camera view of our pitiful running game. 

Shanny runs an outside zone blocking scheme. It's more about movement. I don't think they'd want him to put on weight. 

My first thought when hearing Richburg is signing with San Francisco?

"That actually makes a lot of sense". 

Good scheme fit, have a lot of cap room, need ol help badly.  As was said earlier, don't expect him to move to guard.  It's been tried and it was an abysmal failure.

14 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

Great fit for zone blocking. I don't remember a lot of offensive lineman I "evaluated" coming out of college, but he's stuck out as one of the better ones I remember.

Yeah.  I think there were a good deal of people around here (myself included) who really fancied Richburg in that draft.  Has a lot to like, but the raw size/people mover aspect was always going to be a bit of a questionmark.  Which made it all the more bizarre when the Giants drafted him, and then made him play Guard where he clearly didn't fit, or even really make any sense to take advantage of the things that he does do well.

11 hours ago, Crickett said:

My first thought when hearing Richburg is signing with San Francisco?

"That actually makes a lot of sense". 

Good scheme fit, have a lot of cap room, need ol help badly.  As was said earlier, don't expect him to move to guard.  It's been tried and it was an abysmal failure.

Yeah.  He's not going to line up and bulldoze guys out of the way 1 on 1, but he's shown plenty of flashes at the college and pro level, of having the skillset to be a good center with the right help around him.  So assuming they plug him in at Center and can get some solid Guard and Tackle play around him, he should be an average or better anchor in that line, and if he can really show off his movement ability in that system, it could work out superbly for the Niners.

Archived