Albert Wilson

Rgossett07

3 years $24m

Haven’t  seen the guarantees yet. Half the price of Landry. Really tells you what they think of Caroo. 

Wilson did run an unofficial 4.35 40 at the combine in 2014. Still think you could have spent that money on OL and gotten a slot guy in the draft. Hope it works out. 

17 minutes ago, Rgossett07 said:

3 years $24m

Haven’t  seen the guarantees yet. Half the price of Landry. Really tells you what they think of Caroo. 

Wilson did run an unofficial 4.35 40 at the combine in 2014. Still think you could have spent that money on OL and gotten a slot guy in the draft. Hope it works out. 

On one hand, there obviously was a need at WR after Landry departed.  But on the other hand, as you said, it seems like that amount of money could likely have been spent better elsewhere.  Especially given how tight things are financially.  All that stuff aside, I actually like how Wilson could fit in with the team and Gase's offense.  Unfortunately, his signing means we will still be seeing plenty of WR bubble screens.  He's had some solid success running those in KC.

35 minutes ago, Swampbilly said:

Scratching my head a little on this one.......just seems like a lot of money based off his previous production.

In all fairness we said the same about Kenny Stills. He got $8m+ per year for 4 years. It's worked out okay. As always I'm going to reserve judgement until at least the third OTA practice. ;)

If the guaranteed $$ is around $10m that would be reasonable.

The more I look at this signing the more I want to scream.

Not to take anything away from Wilson the player. I hope he comes in and is productive. It’s the fact we gave up so much for Caroo. Miami continues to not develop young talent. 

How long will Miami completely neglect the glaring issue that is the OL?!???!!!!!??

I know 75% of fans want a QB in this draft but we should be doing everything possible to get Nelson  

I think you guys are being too negative with this move. We don't even know how much of it is guaranteed. I think he's going to be a productive speedy slot WR for us. Speedy guys seems to be a trend with Gase. That's what he likes. 

The Dolphins should have never traded up for Carroo, but I can't totally blame them for him not panning out. The draft is a crap shoot. There are many players who just don't pan out. Hopefully he does something this season. Same goes for Parker. 

6 minutes ago, Lilseb93 said:

I think you guys are being too negative with this move. We don't even know how much of it is guaranteed. I think he's going to be a productive speedy slot WR for us. Speedy guys seems to be a trend with Gase. That's what he likes. 

The Dolphins should have never traded up for Carroo, but I can't totally blame them for him not panning out. The draft is a crap shoot. There are many players who just don't pan out. Hopefully he does something this season. Same goes for Parker. 

Has nothing to do with the signing, the $ or the player.  Miami trades up to get Carroo.  Gave up a 4th round pick for him.  This is the head shaking part.  Miami continues to draft poorly and rely on Free Agency.  They have been burned soooooo many times.  

And now we are about to sign Amendola... are we trading Parker?  Stills and Carroo play outside with Amendola and Wilson play the slot?

Parker; stills, Wilson, Amendola, Carroo, Grant, Ford.....

More trades/cuts must be coming

2 hours ago, cddolphin said:

In all fairness we said the same about Kenny Stills. He got $8m+ per year for 4 years. It's worked out okay. As always I'm going to reserve judgement until at least the third OTA practice. ;)

If the guaranteed $$ is around $10m that would be reasonable.

I'm still not a fan of Kenny Stills.

Archived