The 2018 Kirk Cousins Megathread

Heimdallr

35 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Did you see the Buffalo game?

Once  I had found out that they were down 17-0, I didn't bother watching it later, so that answer is no.  ¬¬

So, I guess that I can say he usually doesn't brick passes like that.  LOL!

Edited by swede700

2 hours ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Wasn't the Bills one where it was tipped twice and just so happened to land right in the defenders arms as he was laying on the ground?

yes...if I remember correctly, he threw it to Murray who initially caught it but then lost it due to pressure from Bills's defense

As someone who was critical of the signing of Kirk Cousins (I still don't like the cost of his contract) right now, he's throwing the ball very well...the Vikings just need to keep him healthy!!

4 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

As someone who was critical of the signing of Kirk Cousins (I still don't like the cost of his contract) right now, he's throwing the ball very well...the Vikings just need to keep him healthy!!

Running the ball should help. I can't imagine that any team is actually concerned with us running, which puts the OL in tough spots. 

A panel of ESPN football analysts recently debated which player was the best free agent acquisition so far this season, and three of the five writers went with Cousins. Mike Clay, Mike Sando and Kevin Seifert were the experts who tabbed Cousins as the top offseason signing as we enter Week 6 of the 2018 season.

Cousins has completed 161 of 226 passes (71.2 percent) for 1,688 yards with 11 touchdowns and two interceptions. The quarterback, whose passer rating of 105.1 is seventh in the NFL, ranks in the top 10 in completion percentage, passing yards and touchdown passes.

https://www.vikings.com/news/lunchbreak-espn-analysts-list-cousins-as-top-free-agent-signing-so-far-in-2018

1 hour ago, vikingsrule said:

Allen is so bad. Did we just never get any pressure on him during the Buffalo game? Wouldn't be surprised, seems like Zimmer has become more vanilla with blitz packages as time has gone on.

Had Joseph not gotten flagged on 3rd down, I think that game would have been entirely different. But giving the Bills two short fields and failing to contain Allen allowed the Bills to get ahead quickly. 

Allen really didn’t do anything impressive (other than hurdle Barr) in that game. But once they got their big lead, they just played keep away, which negated any blitz or pass rush. 

20 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Had Joseph not gotten flagged on 3rd down, I think that game would have been entirely different. But giving the Bills two short fields and failing to contain Allen allowed the Bills to get ahead quickly. 

Allen really didn’t do anything impressive (other than hurdle Barr) in that game. But once they got their big lead, they just played keep away, which negated any blitz or pass rush. 

I agree completely. The game was lost in the first quarter after really three dumb plays, the two fumbles and the Joseph penalty.

• Like 1