The 2018 Kirk Cousins Megathread

Heimdallr

• 3 weeks later...

After knocking off Duke in the Elite Eight last Sunday, Michigan State’s basketball team will be facing off against Texas Tech in the late game on Saturday. As it happens, the Vikings are quarterbacked by a Michigan State alum and he’s set to visit with the team before they take the floor.

Chris Tomasson of the Pioneer Press reports that Michigan State basketball coach Tom Izzo said that Kirk Cousins is expected to address Cassius Winston, Kenny Goins and the rest of the team’s players on Friday.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/04/kirk-cousins-expected-to-address-michigan-state-team-ahead-of-final-four/

11 hours ago, vike daddy said:

After knocking off Duke in the Elite Eight last Sunday, Michigan State’s basketball team will be facing off against Texas Tech in the late game on Saturday. As it happens, the Vikings are quarterbacked by a Michigan State alum and he’s set to visit with the team before they take the floor.

Chris Tomasson of the Pioneer Press reports that Michigan State basketball coach Tom Izzo said that Kirk Cousins is expected to address Cassius Winston, Kenny Goins and the rest of the team’s players on Friday.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/04/kirk-cousins-expected-to-address-michigan-state-team-ahead-of-final-four/

GO RED RAIDERS!!!

If they win their Final Four matchup, I win my pool of 42 brackets, no matter what else happens in the tournament. Duke losing crushed everyone :D

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 12:36 AM, Thomas5737 said:

Vike daddy invited everyone from the news forum to come here and detail their feelings on Cousins as a QB so, well, who wants to start?

My friend, you have 81 pages to catch up on how this forum feels about Cousins as a QB!  People are all over the map.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

That shouldn't be a surprise at all. Timing wise, it makes sense to draft a QB in 2020 regardless of Cousins. I don't think he's worth his contract and especially another extension. Even if the Vikes make the playoffs, there just seems little long term benefit in keeping Cousins at $30m per year. I struggle calling Cousins a franchise QB. I don't know what he would have to do in 2019 for me to feel good about him beyond this year, maybe carry the team to a deep playoff run that doesn't involve a miraculous play by Diggs. Cousins definitely needs to show an ability to rise to the occasion, we've yet to see that in his career on a consistent basis.

Edited by vikingsrule
  • Like 2

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 1:02 PM, perrynoid said:

I don't expect Cousins to cry uncle too quickly; he is a fighter, and I hope I am not being overly optimistic in my expectations that he will rise to the occasion this year and perform beyond our wildest dreams.

Hope your optimism is rewarded...I am not holding my breath, however.

Edited by Guest

• 3 weeks later...