The 2018 Kirk Cousins Megathread

Heimdallr

Just now, Dashing202 said:

The most overrated qb in the NFL .

if only fans knew who he really is lol.

Low effort trolling will not be tolerated in this thread.

If you want to explain why you think Cousins is not a great QB or a bad fit for the team, go for it, but this sort of garbage posting is not needed.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, SemperFeist said:

If the 3 year, $84M report is accurare, I would expect around -~$56M of it is guaranteed. 

i'm not sure fully guaranteed came from, there is absolutely no precedent for that. i know it's a 3 year deal vs. a 5 year deal for most QBs but ~50-60% guaranteed seems to be the norm.

I'm ok with getting Cousins.  He was the best option out there.  Now I just need to get over the initial sadness of seeing Teddy leaving.  I also need to get these visions of Herschel Walker out of my head.  Let's hope this turns out better than that mega-deal did for us.

I will welcome Kirk with open arms when all is said and done. 

Spielman and company paid a high price but they didn't totally break the bank.  Now the new regime in Green Bay has to sharpen their pencils to get Rogers signed.  That should be interesting to see.  :D

19 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

These are the starting QBs we have had over the last 13 seasons, starting when Culpepper blew out his knee.....

2005    Brad Johnson (9) / Daunte Culpepper (7)  
2006    Brad Johnson (14) / Tarvaris Jackson (2)    
2007    Tarvaris Jackson (12) / Kelly Holcomb (3) / Brooks Bollinger (1)    
2008    Gus Frerotte (11) / Tarvaris Jackson (5) 
2009    Brett Favre (16)   
2010    Brett Favre (13) / Tarvaris Jackson (1) / Joe Webb (2)    
2011    Christian Ponder (10) / Donovan McNabb (6)  
2012    Christian Ponder (16)   
2013    Christian Ponder (9) / Matt Cassel (6) / Josh Freeman (1)   
2014    Teddy Bridgewater (12) / Matt Cassel (3) / Christian Ponder (1)   
2015    Teddy Bridgewater (16)  
2016    Sam Bradford (15) / Shaun Hill (1)  
2017    Case Keenum (14) / Sam Bradford (2)  

After more than a decade, 3 stadiums and 4 head coaches, the carousel has stopped. 

Other than Favre for one great year and Teddy, that is an extremely ugly list.  This makes me feel better about the Cousins signing.  Let's hope he is worth the money and stays around for a long time.

4 minutes ago, whitehops said:

i'm not sure fully guaranteed came from, there is absolutely no precedent for that. i know it's a 3 year deal vs. a 5 year deal for most QBs but ~50-60% guaranteed seems to be the norm.

There doesn't need to be a precedent.  There was no precedent for the poison pill.  If the contract were longer than 3 years, I wouldn't buy the full guarantee, but for a 3-yr deal?  Absolutely I buy it.