The 2018 Kirk Cousins Megathread

Heimdallr

4 minutes ago, Klomp said:

Anyone notice we swapped out a CK for a KC?

CK will be facing off against KC (the Chiefs' that is) twice a year now.  

And on another note, we could see both Teddy (if he signs with the Jets) and Bradford (if he signs with either Buffalo or Arizona) this year.  

1 minute ago, marshpit23 said:

Yep. And if he can hit a few more of those wide open receivers I will be very pleased. I don’t think will have to throw for 4K+, but it’s nice to know he can.

I'll be surprised if Cousins doesn't throw for 4500 this year

Just now, marshpit23 said:

I don’t think will have to throw for 4K+, but it’s nice to know he can.

It's really not that big of a jump. Last two years we've been at 3,836 and 3,753, despite using four different QBs in the process.

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

Why does the guaranteed money matter?

That means that there are no incentives or goals for him to reach.  And if he's benched for poor play in 2018...and cut at the end of the season the Vikings are on the hook for the whole amount of the contract.

I am usually on the side of the players during labor negotiations, however, I think if you are contracted in the top 10% of NFL contracts, no more than 50% of that contract can be guaranteed.  Rather, those players who make no more than 15% above league minimum should be fully guaranteed.  Everyone in the middle falls in that range.  Higher the contract, the less that's guaranteed.